Stock clutch started slipping with ktuner 23 psi map, which clutch to buy?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
It was running good for a few days, but today on the highway, downshifted into 4th at 70 and it started slipping. It happened multiple times. Got home, flashed back to 21.5 psi, and it stopped slipping.

Sucks how weak these clutches are. And it doesn't appear we have many options yet. Which clutch do you guys recommend, and would the dealership install it for me if it took it to them? Thanks.
Sponsored

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It was running good for a few days, but today on the highway, downshifted into 4th at 70 and it started slipping. It happened multiple times. Got home, flashed back to 21.5 psi, and it stopped slipping.

Sucks how weak these clutches are. And it doesn't appear we have many options yet. Which clutch do you guys recommend, and would the dealership install it for me if it took it to them? Thanks.

Dealership would install it, but they gonna charge way to much. Find someone locally! Off the top o my head you have clutch masters, Spec.. Also id save a little more and do the flywheel at the same time.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
What are your long term power goals? You have lots of clutch options, all dependent on how much torque you want to hold.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
the 23 psi basemap tune is probably is high as id want to keep it... for a while anyways

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
the 23 psi basemap tune is probably is high as id want to keep it... for a while anyways
If and when I start having an issue, whether stock or tuned, I'm seriously considering getting the retrofitted type R clutch from eman. Fortunately I am not tuned yet and I am not having a problem.

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll be going with the Spec Inc. SMF Stage 3 clutch and Alum FW. Current clutch is starting to slip in 4th around 4500rpm. :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
  • Banned
I'll be going with the Spec In SMF Stage 3 clutch and FW. Current clutch is starting to slip in 4th around 4500rpm. :(
thats what mine was doing. what tune are you running?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats what mine was doing. what tune are you running?
TSP Stage 1 w/Cobra CAI. I'll be going Flex Fuel + PRL FP & DP. So I'll definitely need to replace the clutch.

OP
OP
BoostedSiCoupe

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
how long were you driving on it before it started slipping? i was only a few days into the 19/23 and it started slipping like yours same gear and rpm

Thanks_Enjoi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Sedan
Country flag

Surprisingly my clutch lasted about 4k on a vit/tsp tune, catless dp/fp, and PRL cobra intake. I am still on the stock clutch. I just don't push it hard from 3rd on. I've been waiting for the spec 3+ with steel flywheel and now that it's out I'm hoping for a deal this weekend, as I have a crap ton of parts waiting to be put on. My girls SI doesn't slip. She has the MAP intake and a tune.
Sponsored