Touchscreen issues

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 HRV EX, 2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have searched and found quite a bit of issues with it, but havent seen this exact one. Randomly (so I cant show it to the dealer of course...) it will go back to the home screen by itself and start beeping nonstop. Beep Beep Beep pause 2 seconds Beep Beep Beep. The radio still works, but I cant do anything on the screen. I cant do a hard reset . I touch the screen for info, it automatically goes to the mileage screen for like 2 seconds then flips right back to the home screen and starts beeping again. Then I shut the car off, turn it back on, and it is fine again for a random period from a few hours, to sometimes 10 days. Also wanted to add, that I can use the steering wheel controls to control the Radio when it is like this.
Sponsored

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have searched and found quite a bit of issues with it, but havent seen this exact one. Randomly (so I cant show it to the dealer of course...) it will go back to the home screen by itself and start beeping nonstop. Beep Beep Beep pause 2 seconds Beep Beep Beep. The radio still works, but I cant do anything on the screen. I cant do a hard reset . I touch the screen for info, it automatically goes to the mileage screen for like 2 seconds then flips right back to the home screen and starts beeping again. Then I shut the car off, turn it back on, and it is fine again for a random period from a few hours, to sometimes 10 days.
@Callou2131 I have had the same issue since I first go the car but i haven't resolved it yet. For now I just keep a microfiber cloth in my glovebox that I use to wipe the screen down with then it starts beeping, wiping it down with the microfiber cloth usually fixes it temporarily but I would love for a permanent solution.

OP
OP

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Callou2131 I have had the same issue since I first go the car but i haven't resolved it yet. For now I just keep a microfiber cloth in my glovebox that I use to wipe the screen down with then it starts beeping, wiping it down with the microfiber cloth usually fixes it temporarily but I would love for a permanent solution.
Yup, mine started about a week after I got my HB back in January. I thought it may have just been the cold.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, mine started about a week after I got my HB back in January. I thought it may have just been the cold.
@Callou2131 I thought it was the cold then I figured it was static electricity build up or fingerprint smudges on the capacitive buttons.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It happened to me, but only after I changed the touchscreen sensitivity to Hi. After I changed it back to Low, it was fine. But I know this has not resolved the issue for everyone.

OP
OP

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for that! I will give it a try. I am also wondering if my phone may be interfering because I keep it on that rubber mat right under the unit, and my keys dont work if they are in the same pocket as my phone.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for that! I will give it a try. I am also wondering if my phone may be interfering because I keep it on that rubber mat right under the unit, and my keys dont work if they are in the same pocket as my phone.
I keep my phone on the mat also without any issues.

OP
OP

Callou2131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just to add to the fun, last night my way on home from work, i had the trip mileage on the screen, and it said 26.3 mpg. 10 minutes later it still said 26.3. Went back to the homescreen, then back to the trip mileage and it said 41.1. It got stuck. This "infotainment" thing is piece of shit.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to add to the fun, last night my way on home from work, i had the trip mileage on the screen, and it said 26.3 mpg. 10 minutes later it still said 26.3. Went back to the homescreen, then back to the trip mileage and it said 41.1. It got stuck. This "infotainment" thing is piece of shit.
@Callou2131 With that one I would be curious to see if you accidentally bumped the trip selector button
Sponsored