Stop Breaking 20inch wheels guys!

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Huh!? $700 for a Tesla 20" wheel? Cheap! I saw that the CTR wheel from Honda lists for @ $1200 each. Wondering if anyone has replaced a wheel and how much Honda really charged for the wheel.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All my wheels are bent and every pothole makes me cringe as a result.

I have the tire and wheel package through, so hopefully when I finally push my luck it’ll prevent me from paying out of the ass.

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I have the tire and wheel package through, so hopefully when I finally push my luck it’ll prevent me from paying out of the ass.
That warranty doesn't cover potholes... I've tried this.... it will get you $30 off of our $300+ tires though.....

New 18" wheels and thick tires on the way

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That warranty doesn't cover potholes... I've tried this.... it will get you $30 off of our $300+ tires though.....

New 18" wheels and thick tires on the way
Uh... so what does the warranty cover then???

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great, so if my luck runs out I better have a couple of grand handy is what you’re telling me.
Yeah basically, I say buy some aftermarket wheels and save the stock ones as spares

MazzengaR

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Uh... so what does the warranty cover then???
I’d double check the fine print on your wheel and tire coverage. I know for a fact the one I purchased covers damage from potholes, road debris, curbs, ect. I’ve already used it once to have a tire replaced and wheel straightened after hitting a piece of road debris. All I had to do was tell the dealer “I hit a piece of road debris.” and they got me all fixed up.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
best thing i did was get 18s lol. car feels so much lighter and the ride is great. plus more sticky tires options

Judo

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50S
Country flag
best thing i did was get 18s lol. car feels so much lighter and the ride is great. plus more sticky tires options
Same here. Now I feel I can drive without apprehension. The 20’s were stressing me out :confused1: :D

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Just saying most full coverage insurance plans cover stolen tires and rims.... maybe you did'nt run over potholes but your tires where stolen in the night? Then your coverage should cover them. Ask your insurance company. I mean sometimes when those crack heads steal wheels to pay for crack they don't notice the pot hole damage that was there.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
When i bought my CTR it had one of those quick fix for nails and i didnt even notice until my tire pressure signal kept coming on. The dealer knew it had a fucked up tire but didnt tell me. I brought it in and they were in disbelief that i bought it like that.. smhh but the guy told me he was going to put that in as pothole because they arent gonna believe me if i said that i bought the car like that so i think potholes are covered under the package

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Huh!? $700 for a Tesla 20" wheel? Cheap! I saw that the CTR wheel from Honda lists for @ $1200 each. Wondering if anyone has replaced a wheel and how much Honda really charged for the wheel.
Honda MSRP for a single CTR wheel is $1,306.99. Going price from the discount Honda parts places is ~$950 + shipping. Not sure what price you might get if you ordered one through the parts department at the dealership where you bought your car.

Pretty much a no-brainer to buy low mile used OEM wheels/tires (if you want to stay stock). You can probably get a nice set from as low as $1,000 (local pickup) to $1,200 or more depending on shipping cost. And that will include a set of OEM tires that cost ~$1,200 from Tire Rack.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag

Did you buy the tire and wheel package after your wheels got bent? Or were you referring to wheels on a different vehicle?
Sponsored