Shift Knob Covers

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys,

So I posted earlier about how my mother knitted me a little shift knob cover that I use when the knob is too hot :oops:

I had a bunch of people who were interested and even considering purchasing them from me! I told my mother and she laughed saying that was amazing and she would be willing to make some for you all. Maybe I can turn this into a business/side hobby thing for my mother once she retires.

Question is now obviously price... I don't want to be overcharging you all (civic si brothers!) but these will be handmade so it does take some time and effort. Would a flat rate of $10 be too expensive for you all (includes shipping)? I will have to buy yarn for all the different color requests as well. Let me know what you all think:grouphug:! I also will probably have to move this over to the "Classifieds" thread, but I wanted to gauge interest, since this is a pretty specific request. Check out the pictures below.

Happy 4th of July Everyone! :patriot::nixon::patriot:

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers IMG_0613.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers IMG_0615.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers IMG_0616.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers IMG_0618.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers IMG_0620.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers IMG_0621.JPG

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel weird saying this but I would agree, to make this worth while for yourself I would go $15-20 a pop. Its home made and everything and takes time to make. I would be interested (Bright blue if an option). Its going to look killer, not to mention save me from getting burned on the insane hot days!

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers a4-card-bright-blue-240gsm-10-pk-6003686-0-1420389627000

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
@ne0guri, you might also consider:

"Standard Size" - shipping included - mix or match colors
$14.99 for one
$24.99 for two
$34.99 for three

"Extended Length" - shipping included - mix or match colors
$19.99 for one
$29.99 for two
$39.99 for three

I think red, red/black, or red/black/white would look nice. A lighter color like white should make for a cooler shift knob in the Summer. A darker color might be preferred for the winter. I would imagine this Winter we'll all be complaining about the opposite problem!

devert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I would pay up to $20 for one tbh. It's handmade!

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can she also make one to fit the auto? I'd have no problem pay $20 for one as well.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
i like to have 2 as well and willing to pay 15-20 one for my 2015 si and my 2017

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I almost never park in the sun anymore but I'd buy one just because it (the idea and this whole development) is so freakin' cool -- and cute/sweet at the same time. :)

Yeah $15 total (including shipping) sounds quite reasonable. Would go with a more subdued color though than the bright orange; that dark-blue is nice, or something else along those darker lines...

EasyPickins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey guys,

So I posted earlier about how my mother knitted me a little shift knob cover that I use when the knob is too hot :oops:

I had a bunch of people who were interested and even considering purchasing them from me! I told my mother and she laughed saying that was amazing and she would be willing to make some for you all. Maybe I can turn this into a business/side hobby thing for my mother once she retires.

Question is now obviously price... I don't want to be overcharging you all (civic si brothers!) but these will be handmade so it does take some time and effort. Would a flat rate of $10 be too expensive for you all (includes shipping)? I will have to buy yarn for all the different color requests as well. Let me know what you all think:grouphug:! I also will probably have to move this over to the "Classifieds" thread, but I wanted to gauge interest, since this is a pretty specific request. Check out the pictures below.

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG
Count me in for a two tone red and black. I'd pay $15 - $20.

Chief 1523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2015
Hey guys,

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG
Good idea. I'm in at $15.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Another alternative is replacing it with another Honda Shifter
Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Covers honda shifter

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Another alternative is replacing it with another Honda Shifter
honda shifter.jpg
Hopefully not the one in your picture since it's metal with a leather mid-section similar to the one on the '17 Si.

I believe the 10th-gen Civic uses a different mounting method and you can't just unscrew the shift knob from the top and replace it. I'm under the impression that you have to take the center console apart and unscrew it from the bottom and other Honda shift knobs are not interchangeable.
Sponsored