Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am referring to the circular bracket below the “ball” - above the ring and below the “ball”.
Can I reuse this bracket under NRG knob?

0759A0FC-1D04-4670-8C60-957ACB2F828B.jpeg
No that is actually a part of the stock knob.
Sponsored

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
Go to Target/Walmart and buy a pair of infant mittens.
It fits perfectly over the shift knob and no more cold transferred to you hand.
Or wear some gloves....

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
No that is actually a part of the stock knob.
Thanks jakapony. Thanks for the clarification.
I now wonder understand why said the new shift knob sits lower. It is due to this round bracket of the OE knob.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know if this one would fit on the Si?

https://carkart.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2147310672

The thread size seems right and doesn't appear to have a set nut, but I've never replaced a knob before and have a funny feeling about this one, -- seems so... generic...

(The only reason I'm considering this over the NRG one is the absence of logo -- just can't bring myself to seeing any company name there...)

P. S. It's also on Amazon apparently:
https://www.amazon.com/10x1-5mm-THREADED-adapters-Hand-Laid-Selector/dp/B007KM64CO

P. P. S. Never mind, an eBay seller replied to my inquiry with a "no"... :(

Last edited:

Deatrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Does anyone know if this one would fit on the Si?

https://carkart.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2147310672

The thread size seems right and doesn't appear to have a set nut, but I've never replaced a knob before and have a funny feeling about this one, -- seems so... generic...

(The only reason I'm considering this over the NRG one is the absence of logo -- just can't bring myself to seeing any company name there...)

P. S. It's also on Amazon apparently:
https://www.amazon.com/10x1-5mm-THREADED-adapters-Hand-Laid-Selector/dp/B007KM64CO

P. P. S. Never mind, an eBay seller replied to my inquiry with a "no"... :(
that thread and pitch is correct on both of your links so that knob will fit on an si no problem. might need to find a boot retainer to go with it if you want your shift boot to stay up

Monocacy

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone is different but I barely notice the temperature of the shift knob. Yes, the heat transfer coefficient of metal is higher than that of leather or plastic, but I am not touching the knob except when I shift. Shifting does not take that long. If the shift knob is noticeably cold one has the option of grabbing the non-metallic part or wearing gloves.

I'm sure other places get colder than Maryland but recent lows have been near zero F (-18C).

I actually notice the temperature of the shift knob more in the summer, especially if I park in the sun. I just grab the non-metallic part of the knob until it cools down.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Everyone is different but I barely notice the temperature of the shift knob. Yes, the heat transfer coefficient of metal is higher than that of leather or plastic, but I am not touching the knob except when I shift. Shifting does not take that long. If the shift knob is noticeably cold one has the option of grabbing the non-metallic part or wearing gloves.

I'm sure other places get colder than Maryland but recent lows have been near zero F (-18C).

I actually notice the temperature of the shift knob more in the summer, especially if I park in the sun. I just grab the non-metallic part of the knob until it cools down.
Only time I noticed the temp was during the summer when it was 100° and my hand almost burned off lol but yeah all you have to do is grab the leather part. Not that big of a deal to where you have to change the whole knob

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Only time I noticed the temp was during the summer when it was 100° and my hand almost burned off lol but yeah all you have to do is grab the leather part. Not that big of a deal to where you have to change the whole knob
Yes, this is what I do now when the weather is cold.
Some members reported here that some aftermarket shift knobs are wieghted for,better shifting.

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan / 2018 Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you need to buy the bushings or anything to go with this or is it just a straight replace in the Si?
Straight replacement, unscrew Si knob, Reverse order to intall Esco knob. The bushings are to firm up the cable ends at transmission, and stiffen the shifter base, and are also a separate purchase.

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Straight replacement, unscrew Si knob, Reverse order to intall Esco knob. The bushings are to firm up the cable ends at transmission, and stiffen the shifter base, and are also a separate purchase.
Sweet, thanks, I think this will look awesome with my WOP Si, gonna order this and the pedal spacer

JSPeruzzi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan / 2018 Accord Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sweet, thanks, I think this will look awesome with my WOP Si, gonna order this and the pedal spacer
Consider the bushing kits in the future also, world of difference in my opinion.

2CAMS

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017
Country flag
this is some petty chet...... smh.. why dont just ppl go grab a sock ..... waste of a thread

themaincop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan (SOLD), 2021 GTI Autobahn
Country flag
Consider the bushing kits in the future also, world of difference in my opinion.
I've been really happy with the shifter feel so far, how does the bushing kit change it?
Sponsored