calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 BMW 335i, 10 VW GTI, 17 Honda Civic Type R
Hey All!

I just picked up a set of carbon fiber mirror caps for the Type R and I was wondering, has anyone removed them before? I have no idea how to remove the mirror caps, and I don't want to mess up the OEM ones :( Yes, I should have done my research first, but I was just too excited to get these.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wow alot of steps just for replacing mirror caps. good thing we have instructions
I think the most important part in these instructions is towards the end about the actuators. I'm pretty sure I could have figured out how to take everything apart, but I would never think to re install the actuators or whatever they're called in the mirror housing before replacing the mirror.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I think the most important part in these instructions is towards the end about the actuators. I'm pretty sure I could have figured out how to take everything apart, but I would never think to re install the actuators or whatever they're called in the mirror housing before replacing the mirror.
I didn't even use the black caps...I figure I have to explain the carbon is an overlay anyways, so installed my carbon caps right on top of my ABM mirrors. A lot is covered up, but I can still see some blue...it is ok with me tho :)

EDIT: I didn't want to break anything in my attempt to remove the factory ABM caps...can really see a lot of blue on driver side, but a bit more blue on the passenger side...but still ok tho :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Side Mirror Cap? IMG_1440
Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Side Mirror Cap? IMG_1441

Last edited:
OP
OP

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't even use the black caps...I figure I have to explain the carbon is an overlay anyways, so installed my carbon caps right on top of my ABM mirrors. A lot is covered up, but I can still see some blue...it is ok with me tho :)

EDIT: I didn't want to break anything in my attempt to remove the factory ABM caps...
I got complete CF replacements. They aren't an overlay that you put on top of black caps, but yes, I can totally understand not wanting to break the factory mirror cap clips

OP
OP

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? can you share the link with us? can't seem to find it on their website.
I'm sure they'll have it up soon. Since I'm one of their local customers, they sent me a pair as a test fit as long as I can do a photoshoot with them once I get them installed. I may just ask them to install it for me since I don't want to break my OEM mirror caps!

image link: https://imgur.com/a/z6IhE

EDIT: I'm so sorry I don't know how images work on this forum T___T

saint365

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm sure they'll have it up soon. Since I'm one of their local customers, they sent me a pair as a test fit as long as I can do a photoshoot with them once I get them installed. I may just ask them to install it for me since I don't want to break my OEM mirror caps!

image link: https://imgur.com/a/z6IhE

EDIT: I'm so sorry I don't know how images work on this forum T___T
Sounds great, hope they release very soon I mean soon lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Side Mirror Cap? 8gQS5gr

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag

EDIT: I didn't want to break anything in my attempt to remove the factory ABM caps...can really see a lot of blue on driver side, but a bit more blue on the passenger side...but still ok tho :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Side Mirror Cap? {filename}
Honda Civic 10th gen Removing Side Mirror Cap? {filename}
Great looking stickers :p

OP
OP

calveezzzy

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)