sherryjenix

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
DIdn't see one here when I did a forum search, so just in case anyone needed it:

Mugen CF Rear View Mirrow Cover:
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4152
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror 3DB83AFD-CA64-4116-A947-1546625D9130.JPG

1. Remove the long panel (circled in red) first. This will allow you to pull off the rest of the housing:

Before:

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4156_edit
After:​

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4158

2. This should expose the torx screw that's holding the mirror in place. Remove the screw behind the mirror (circled in red), and you should be able to slide the mirror right off:

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4161_edit
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4169

3. Remove the film from the double sided tape on the Mugen cover, and then slide it right onto the OEM mirror.

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4173
Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4175

4. Slide the mirror back onto the mount. Screw/tighten the torx screw. Put the plastic housing back on, and you're done. Enjoy your Mugen cover!

Honda Civic 10th gen Guide to Install Mugen CF Rearview Mirror Cover/Removing Rearview Mirror IMG_4180

Last edited:

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
:love:

In addition to this great write-up:

It is a T20 torx bit, if you don't have one (like myself), you can use a 7/64" Allen wrench. It will perfectly fit into the star pattern.

17-19 models only need to remove the one torx screw, which saves a few minutes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sherryjenix

sherryjenix

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Very easy to follow and it looks amazing. Where did you purchase it?
Hello!

I purchased it from one of the guys in Vegas who was selling on Facebook, but they’re available on King Motorsports and Art of Attack as well!

rallyered225

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
What's the panel around the mirror for? Don't have that on mine.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Great guide for the 2020 type R with Honda sensing..17-19 is only one hex screw to remove the mirror.

-Trey

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX
Country flag
I’m trying to get the sensing panel off for this, but I’m running into a bit of an issue. I got the small panel covering the mirror arm off, but I can’t seem to budge the rest of the housing. Is there a trick to it? I don’t want to break anything on my brand new car, so I’m afraid to apply too much force.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Anyone know where to pick one of these up (or have one for sale)?

Only seeing the version with the cutout on the bottom available online which is a different product #.
Sponsored