frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Feels good knowing that there are still good people around the world! Package was delivered to the wrong address but because my phone Number was on the shipping slip the guy called me and delivered it to my home. It’s game time now!

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 02DA5896-3C30-4757-9ABD-443970E02ADF

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 0824DBB7-20EE-491B-A2A1-4F3C229060F7

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 45118335-9F28-4504-B347-276C83B5492D

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Feels good knowing that there are still good people around the world! Package was delivered to the wrong address but because my phone Number was on the shipping slip the guy called me and delivered it to my home. It’s game time now!

02DA5896-3C30-4757-9ABD-443970E02ADF.jpeg

0824DBB7-20EE-491B-A2A1-4F3C229060F7.jpeg

45118335-9F28-4504-B347-276C83B5492D.jpeg
Sweet! Eagerly awaiting your firsthand report.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'd read that someone on Facebook had concerns about heat soak with the plastic airbox. Has anyone taken any IAT logs with the stock airbox vs the PRL intake?

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
I am curious as to if PRL could custom make a stealth version of this intake without their logos on the pipe and box....being in CA sucks if a COP decides to pop the hood...been reffed before and its not a fun nor cheap process to go through. I am very excited to see how this intake performs, especially once Hondata gets their hands on it. Will be following.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Just finished installing mine and went out for a night drive. The induction noise and woosh sound is LOUDDDD! A lot louder than the AFE that I had for a week and decided to take it off.

The installation took me 2 hours, mainly because it was hard to get the silicone hose to fit right. The evap flange rubs against the vac pipe, and I couldn't get it not to rub. There's not much wiggle room because silicone hose is thick and thus not as flexible. Also, the silicone hose doesn't go all the way to the turbo inlet pipe, leaving a 2mm gap. The airbox is also rubbing against the bracket that holds the MAF sensor wire to the fuse box. This is not a big deal though but just something I want to point out. Performance wise, I don't notice any increase, but I expected it.

Overall, I'm keeping this intake. Let me know if you guys are having the same issue with the silicone hose.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System InkedIMG_7913_LI

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System InkedIMG_7933_LI

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System InkedIMG_7935_LI

Last edited:

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just finished installing mine and went out for a night drive. The induction noise and woosh sound is LOUDDDD! A lot louder than the AFE that I had for a week and decided to take it off.

The installation took me 2 hours, mainly because it was hard to get the silicone hose to fit right. The evap flange rubs against the vac pipe, and I couldn't get it not to rub. There's not much wiggle room because silicone hose is thick and thus not as flexible. Also, the silicone hose doesn't go all the way to the turbo inlet pipe, leaving a 2mm gap. The airbox is also rubbing against the bracket that holds the MAF sensor wire to the fuse box. This is not a big deal though but just something I want to point out. Performance wise, I don't notice any increase, but I expected it.

Overall, I'm keeping this intake. Let me know if you guys are having the same issue with the silicone hose.

InkedIMG_7913_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7933_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7935_LI.jpg

Thanks for sharing bro. I haven’t completed installation but hoping tomorrow I have the time. Today I yanked the stock air box out.

keiothic

Banned
Banned
First Name
YoK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 FK8 CW #22485
Country flag
@turboR could always use electrical tape and wrap it to where it looks nice
@VinRRR how about your own noise video? :)

rydereclipse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #889, 2016 Honda Odessey Touring Elite, 2017 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso
Country flag
Can PRL weigh in on the above minor installation concerns, please.

I’d like a clean install where everything fits together the way it should. There should be no rubbing or gaps in my opinion.

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag

InkedIMG_7913_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7933_LI.jpg

Take out the evap and other line. Loosen your clamps on maf and over pipe and rear two bolts on airbok, position silicon correctly. Note logo is not a reference as 90* visually is different for everyone. Once silicone is positioned correctly then tighten silicone. The next step is to insert the two factory fittings, we recommend putting the smaller hard hose in first but do not tighten, then position your evap where you will have the most clearance. We have our recommendations on How our car is assembled, however there are a few ways to do it. Once you have sufficient clearance then tighten down. In this case it looks as though the user put the smaller pipe in to far, if he pulled the pipe out 1/16th then tightened it it would mostly likely clear the evap. You can also rotate the evap how if fits your car to clear. Remember, patience as this is a very tightly fit engine bay and a little massaging of metal can always do wonders.
Don’t forget to tighten the two airbox bolts .

Hope these suggestions help.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Okay so install took around 2 hours for me as well. Literally the only pain in the ass was the rivet clamp on the oem intake. Other than that, it was a breeze. Now my only problem is that i am receiving a rev match fail and check engine light...? Did anything else get this? Do i just need to go for a quick drive? Here are picks of the completed install? @PRL Motorsports

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 166838-c0f9eb066cd3856235702af510f9971c

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 High Volume Intake System 166839-30101067e790bd7d260ba10bc9539f8f

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
did u unplugged battery then do install?
Oh fuck i dont think i didLOL I should be okay with doing that now though right?

InkedIMG_7913_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7933_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_7935_LI.jpg
I also have a small gap at the inlet pipe. i tried my best to make it as small as i could but as long as the clamp is there tight i dont see it having any issues.

janfk8

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
unplug battery for like 30 seconds then put it bak on then drive around for a bit then all the lights should clear by itself