Phoenix Android Radio Walkthrough and settings Pt 1

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn with how much better this sounds than the review of the TESLA style unit I'm prob going to have to order one. Does this work with your phone as well so that you can use bluetooth calling? Also do you retain the factory USB plug? How's the nav? Does Google Maps voice nav work ok with this?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, 2005 Subaru STI
Country flag
Damn with how much better this sounds than the review of the TESLA style unit I'm prob going to have to order one. Does this work with your phone as well so that you can use bluetooth calling? Also do you retain the factory USB plug? How's the nav? Does Google Maps voice nav work ok with this?
The IGo Navigation that it came with works pretty well. You have two options you can either 1: Mirror your phone and use google maps or waze from your phone or 2: Turn on mobile hotspot from your phone and use the waze or googlemaps from the headunit. It has bluetooth calling and the usb port you have underneath is were you connect to have mirror phone done but you can also use that as a charging port. You ALSO have another usb connector which I hid in the glove box so I can connect my external harddrive for even more storage space for music and such.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome. I'ma have to order this over the Sony unit I was planning on before.

acolite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks pretty awesome! The description on the online store for the head unit says that the voice control button may not work, can you confirm if thats the case, or if there is a way to change the settings to enable it?

OP
OP

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That looks pretty awesome! The description on the online store for the head unit says that the voice control button may not work, can you confirm if thats the case, or if there is a way to change the settings to enable it?
I'm not sure which voice control you are referring to. But I do use the Google voice button on the screen a lot and it was able to understand majority of my speech with minimal errors like some words I cant pronounce properly.

OP
OP

Subiepanda

First Name
Duy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Subiepanda how is the microphone for the phone?
There are two microphones. The one that's built on the unit itself and also the external mic. I never really tried out the internal mic and just went straight into the external. I have it mounted on the steering column as close as possible to the back near the gauge cluster so it's hidden away. Overall everyone hears me fine. There are times where if I had the ac on they couldn't hear me but once i lower the fan or turn it off everyone heard me fine again.

ysutarko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
There are two microphones. The one that's built on the unit itself and also the external mic. I never really tried out the internal mic and just went straight into the external. I have it mounted on the steering column as close as possible to the back near the gauge cluster so it's hidden away. Overall everyone hears me fine. There are times where if I had the ac on they couldn't hear me but once i lower the fan or turn it off everyone heard me fine again.
can't use the stock microphone?