OEM Red Honda Badges

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
Hi guys,

I have a pretty basic question for anyone that has replaced their oem badges for red oem badges.

What’s the procedure for removing the stock badges and putting on the red badges?

Thanks in advance! :beer:
Sponsored

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Use strong fishing line to break the glue behind the badge. This way you don’t damage painted surfaces prying. There are often two pins that slide into openings on the car side so obviously be aware of those.

Any leftover glue on painted surfaces, use a paint friendly remover.

Level of difficulty is like a 0.5

OP
OP
PWP19SI

PWP19SI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic LX 16 HRV EX
Country flag
Use strong fishing line to break the glue behind the badge. This way you don’t damage painted surfaces prying. There are often two pins that slide into openings on the car side so obviously be aware of those.

Any leftover glue on painted surfaces, use a paint friendly remover.

Level of difficulty is like a 0.5
Very much appreciated

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Heat gun or hairdryer definitely helps speed up the removal and cleaning process. Just kinda keep warming it up from a few inches away. Obv don’t get super close to the paint for extended periods of time lol.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
You don't need a heat gun for this. Just yank the shit off. It is a little cringe when your doing it. No sense in trying to save the oem emblem. There is a very small chance you can take it off without breaking it. It will be fine, it doesn't take anything special. I used a towel and a flat head screwdriver. Your covering that entire area up with the new emblem. If you do make a tiny scratch, it's not the end of the world. I cut my self a little on the oem emblem so be carful when pulling it off with bare hands.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
You don't need a heat gun for this. Just yank the shit off. It is a little cringe when your doing it. No sense in trying to save the oem emblem. There is a very small chance you can take it off without breaking it. It will be fine, it doesn't take anything special. I used a towel and a flat head screwdriver. Your covering that entire area up with the new emblem. If you do make a tiny scratch, it's not the end of the world. I cut my self a little on the oem emblem so be carful when pulling it off with bare hands.
Correct 100%. No you absolutely don’t “need” the heat for this. But just in my personal experience on debadging/emblem removal on a few cars now, it makes the removal of that gray 3M tape (with the Kung Fu death-grip adhesion) much easier to remove once the emblem is off. The stock emblem is meaningless like who cares if it breaks or bends, you’re right. The heat gun or blow-dryer just works wonders on that god-awful stupid tape lol.