First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can still remember the thread about the release of Mugen parts and seems like most people (at least those care enough to response) are not really liking how it looks, I felt the same here.
And I've also seen those tutorial threads on putting the Type R lips on a Hatch, but I just don't feel like cutting something I just spent so much on (both the car and the part).
So I was pretty much set that I'll just stick with my OEM ST lip, until I see this example in Japan...

https://minkara.carview.co.jp/smart/userid/1646899/car/2468941/9153005/parts.aspx

Seeing how tight it is with the bumper, I think this will only fit on the Hatchback and Si bumpers (no offense, but kinda interesting to see something the R guys can't put on lol)

I'm moved on how good it looks, only it's way too expensive :cry: so just wondering if anyone knows any vendors would carry these that perhaps can get it cheaper, for a quick reference, if we get it from RHD, with shipping it will be somewhere under $690
Sponsored

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
King Motorsports should be getting their 10th gen Civic stuff soon. They list the front lip at $590. Not sure how much shipping is. And as always with Mugen, the fit should be perfect.

Also you can see more of that white Civic on instagram. I follow him, yuk_mugen16_
And on his more recent pics, he’s also got the Mugen carbon front grill overlay.

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That subtle but more than stock look is what I like most :love: thanks, I'll keep an eye on King Motorsports then.

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
I can still remember the thread about the release of Mugen parts and seems like most people (at least those care enough to response) are not really liking how it looks, I felt the same here.
And I've also seen those tutorial threads on putting the Type R lips on a Hatch, but I just don't feel like cutting something I just spent so much on (both the car and the part).
So I was pretty much set that I'll just stick with my OEM ST lip, until I see this example in Japan...

https://minkara.carview.co.jp/smart/userid/1646899/car/2468941/9153005/parts.aspx

Seeing how tight it is with the bumper, I think this will only fit on the Hatchback and Si bumpers (no offense, but kinda interesting to see something the R guys can't put on lol)

I'm moved on how good it looks, only it's way too expensive :cry: so just wondering if anyone knows any vendors would carry these that perhaps can get it cheaper, for a quick reference, if we get it from RHD, with shipping it will be somewhere under $690
How can I order from that web site? It's all in Japanese... please can some one help?

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How can I order from that web site? It's all in Japanese... please can some one help?
This is a platform in Japan to get car info for specific models, like this section I quoted, it's where people shows what items they've put on their car, so this one I quoted is a legit Mugen front lip.

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's right, and it's exactly the way I want if I could ever find a good deal

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw this post from Type One yesterday, they're installing a series of goodies on this FK7, including Mugen front under spoiler, Mugen rear bumper side and center piece, spoon N1 muffler, and spoon brake pads.

There're some pictures on the installation, give me a good idea of how the front under spoiler would be installed, looks like the stock under spoiler under the front bumper needs to stay to help hold the Mugen one, which also means the non sport models here in US may need the stock piece to make it work... Does the Si have that stock piece?

https://www.typeone.jp/?p=22273

OP
OP
yhkwok

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It does looks nice, but at the same time it kinda lost the "signature" C shape design.
And they put the blinker to the top of the main piece, I wonder what happen to the smaller piece on the tailgate?:hmm:

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Th
There're some pictures on the installation, give me a good idea of how the front under spoiler would be installed, looks like the stock under spoiler under the front bumper needs to stay to help hold the Mugen one, which also means the non sport models here in US may need the stock piece to make it work... Does the Si have that stock piece?

https://www.typeone.jp/?p=22273
Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen front lip 4FE25E48-54A6-4ED5-AE37-C37A8D2E7B99

This piece? This looks like it’s part of the Mugen kit, stuck onto the Sport lip. Bad news for anyone wanting to put the Mugen lip on an Si or non-Sport hatch: you might need to get the Sport lip and grill. They’re two pieces on the Sport and expensive. The Si and non-Sport hatches are one piece and way cheaper. Ask me how I know.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
4FE25E48-54A6-4ED5-AE37-C37A8D2E7B99.jpeg

This piece? This looks like it’s part of the Mugen kit, stuck onto the Sport lip. Bad news for anyone wanting to put the Mugen lip on an Si or non-Sport hatch: you might need to get the Sport lip and grill. They’re two pieces on the Sport and expensive. The Si and non-Sport hatches are one piece and way cheaper. Ask me how I know.
Yes, that reinforce piece come with the Mugen lip. I believe you can get creative to fabricate a metal bracket to reinforce the piece since part of the surface is attached to the bumper, so you can make a bracket to fill up what's not there.

For those who asked, there is only one trim in Japan for the hatchback, which is equivalent to the US sport hatch.
Sponsored