Muffler delete - Freeway drone solution?

fmalik12

First Name
Fayaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Hi there everybody! I recently deleted both my mufflers on my 2018 civic coupe 1.5L turbo and while I simply love the sound when stepping on it, the cabin droning noise present on the freeway or just casual cruising is kind of annoying. Has anyone here had any experience with this? I do know that generally one of three things is done:

Either a branched Resonator is added
or
Baffled Glasspack
or
Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator

Does anyone have any experience with using any of/all of these three? If so, please do share! I believe there may be a lot of people in the situation I am in and would like to know of what we can do to get rid of or minimize this annoying droning sound. I would like to know the most about these 3 that I can before ultimately deciding on which to go with, or other solutions as well if possible.

Thank you all! Feel free to comment on your experiences/recommendations!
Sponsored

SlowAP2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI, 04 S2K,
Country flag
I have zero drone over 60 in 6th, sounds stock, and 45-55 in 5th. 45-55 in 6th get pretty boomy.

When you say you deleted both the mufflers, do you mean the muffler and the resonator or just both the mufflers in the rear?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Add a dbx Flowmaster to it. It can be welded in where your stock resonator was. I have it on mine. Mine is the 2.0 but I’ve seen people do it to the 1.5t as well and have same results. Quiet at cruising but nice sound while accelerating. Just throwing that out there as an option. They are a straight through design muffler so it has great flow while removing drone and high pitch sound. Just has a nice growl to it