Mismatched interior trim pieces

pth0mas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2013 Ford Mustang
Country flag
Curious if anyone has noticed trim pieces interior or exterior that are different from other parts? I've had my Civic for six months now and noticed for the first time that on three of my doors they have a black interior panel and the passenger door has a light gray interior panel. Guess I'm going to have Honda take a look but wanted to see if anyone else found problems.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched interior trim pieces 2016-07-10_16.01.06
Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched interior trim pieces 2016-07-10_16.00.44

NPCwars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Curious if anyone has noticed trim pieces interior or exterior that are different from other parts? I've had my Civic for six months now and noticed for the first time that on three of my doors they have a black interior panel and the passenger door has a light gray interior panel. Guess I'm going to have Honda take a look but wanted to see if anyone else found problems.

2016-07-10_16.01.06.jpg
2016-07-10_16.00.44.jpg
Just checked my LX and didn't see any discrepancies. Yeah man better head back to your dealer for this, hopefully they'll get it sorted out. Keep us updated!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

2016-07-10_16.01.06.jpg
2016-07-10_16.00.44.jpg
That's...unique...can't say I've ever heard/seen this before lol. o_O Maybe hang onto it and it'll be a rare version?

OP
OP

pth0mas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2013 Ford Mustang
Country flag
That's...unique...can't say I've ever heard/seen this before lol. o_O Maybe hang onto it and it'll be a rare version?
Yeah ... wondering now if there is a Civic running around with three light gray panels and one black one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Fit, 2016 Acura MDX, 2006 Acura RSX, 2016 Honda Civic coupe touring
That's bizzare! They should make it right.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He's gonna be pissed he changed it when Honda sends out the memo that whoever bought this unique version just won a million dollars.

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Do any of the 16's have this colour of panel? They're all black aren't they??

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

2016-07-10_16.01.06.jpg
2016-07-10_16.00.44.jpg
Whoa! That's a big goof up... Or the craziest Easter egg Honda has done since imprinting images on the rubber mat in the console.

Hopefully, this will likely be a rather easy fix. Poor assembly line guy must've been pretty darn tired the day they put your Civic together.

Kevin35623

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 honda accord
I actually saw a picture of something like this on here when they car was first released

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the comment but short of physically showing someone, I don't know how to "prove it" if pictures are insufficient.
I believe ya bud, but I think he meant it's easy for someone to take a pic of 2 different cars and say they are from the same car. I don't think you did that, I was just trying to explain HIS comment.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I believe ya bud, but I think he meant it's easy for someone to take a pic of 2 different cars and say they are from the same car. I don't think you did that, I was just trying to explain HIS comment.
Maybe throughout the travel to USA it was in an accident (dented door) so they ordered wrong door or that's all they had. Parts were very limited back then. Even now.
I financed mine. So I went over this car like crazy. You think that your buying a new car and everything is new, think again. Accidents happen. If he had it with a lease and already had it for 6 months and didn't even know it. Probably someone else told him. Hahaha. So if it's a lease, what's another year and a half?

bigjee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
And it took you six months to realize this! Wow.
Honda quality control just hit a new high.
Sponsored