thebluecatapilla

First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Honda s2000
Country flag
Hello everyone! I believe this is my first post here, but I have been following along for a while and have been enjoying reading all the posts. Okay now down to business...

Like the title says, I am looking for roof rack recommendations for my 2018 Si Sedan. Specifically, this would be for hauling a kayak to do some fishing (where my fellow anglers at?). I know that the roof is bare, so I need the mounting software as well. Some brand/product names would really help me out.

What recommendations do people have? I don't paying more for a better quality product, but I would also like to reserve some funds to get a better kayak.

Also, what sort of scratches are inevitable from the mounting process/fitting a kayak? Is there anyway to avoid/minimize this? Any special concerns (aerodynamically speaking?) This is my first time installing a roof rack so I am pretty new to hauling stuff...

Thank you to everyone in advance.

And here is a bonus pic of my baby; feel free to share some pic of your civic with some roof racks :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for Roof Rack Recommendations for my 2018 Si Sedan FE5D07F2-2376-4E6D-B84C-CC5E9B65AC26
Sponsored

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have Thule roof rack mounted on my Hatch, I have a few pics in my garage. I don't leave the cargo box up there all the time, but the bars themselves stay on. I used clear 3M vinyl tape to cover the metal portions of the body which have contact with the mounts. The top of the roof is OK because it is rubber and so is the part of the mount that touches it. If you over tighten, that tape won't do too much but it will help versus just having the metal on metal. The bars are on there firmly, they can be a bit noisy at highway speeds but I'm very confident that they will not fly off or anything like that.

Picking the mounts are easy, as they are specific to the car they are getting mounted too, Thule's site makes it easy to pick out your car model and boom. What you will want to make sure you buy though are the locks like this to make sure your bars are secure.

https://www.rei.com/product/159432/thule-one-key-lock-cores-package-of-4

OP
OP
thebluecatapilla

thebluecatapilla

First Name
Ara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan, 2009 Honda s2000
Country flag

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah that should do the trick for mounting it. If you shop around, REI or AutoAnything might have a better deal on them though! I bought my rack from AA when I had a coupon and the cargo box from REI when they had a Memorial Day sale.
Sponsored