Live Pics: Civic Si Sedan @ 2017 NYIAS

iamitman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 6 MT
I agree. If this comes in around the Touring Hatch price, Honda has set up a model line that mirrors what Subaru has done with the Legacy: one step above shitbox all the way to STi, and Ford has done with the Focus line as well.

It must be a successful strategy because We are seeing signs that Chevy is trying it with the Cruise RS hatch.
Yep. Most people can't afford Type R and ones who can will opt for something more premium and mature looking. Si is understated but gets plenty of upgrades in performance and creature comfort. For me it checks all the boxes. Moonroof, Heated Seats, Car Play, 6-MT, Limited Slip, Steering and suspension. If the wheels are heavy I will get some lighter wheels. I can't stress the weight of the wheels enough. It is the best upgrade that helps with acceleration, breaking and handling all in one.
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I went to see Car Dealer Stig yesterday about a new Odyssey, and he confirmed that they will get the first ones in time for Memorial Day weekend, which is the last week of May for our friends up north.

So one more data point. I know where I will be that weekend. Lol
Hmm, I asked a local dealer and they said "at least two months from now" -- maybe trying to be on the conservative side... Or maybe GA is just too far so it takes an extra month for shipping... :)

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm, I asked a local dealer and they said "at least two months from now" -- maybe trying to be on the conservative side... Or maybe GA is just too far so it takes an extra month for shipping... :)
Well, there does seem to be some conflicting information. FWIW, this dealer does seem to get its Civics from the Canadian plant, where the Si is built, so perhaps that's just how the distribution system works.

My Stig was right about the Hatchback's arrival so, he's got a bit of history with me.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that rear end looks fugly........the back window drop doesnt flow at all with that spoiler too........

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
After seeing both Si's today at the auto show in NY I can say that I have switched my opinion...something seems off about the coupe in person to me...the sedan was the much better looking car to me...

I find the rear 3rd of the hatchback to be ugly as sin, so it looks like Si sedan for me

LuFda20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic
Country flag
Does Si come with the same headlights as a touring. Plus I think the SI it's going to be a hard to sell just because the power too close to the regular Civic & the sport in a touring comes with the same Wheels as the SI just put this SI seats on the sport hatch and you're good to go no need for an SI

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Does Si come with the same headlights as a touring.
No; see hondanews.com (or read a couple recent threads here)

Plus I think the SI it's going to be a hard to sell just because the power too close to the regular Civic
No; see hondanews.com (or read a couple recent threads here) -- this time look for a list of what will be different in the Si compared to any other manual trim, from Android Auto to LSD.

the sport in a touring comes with the same Wheels as the SI just put this SI seats on the sport hatch and you're good to go no need for an SI
Oh yeah, wheels and seats is where it's at! Don't let the little things like MT vs CVT bother ya... :)

Last edited:

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
It's just the show car. I wouldn't worry. I just thought it was funny when i walked up and saw the error message.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Was at the auto show today, R is really nice, not too impressed with the Si......sorry, like the Fiat 500 Abarth much more than the Si.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Was at the auto show today, R is really nice, not too impressed with the Si......sorry, like the Fiat 500 Abarth much more than the Si.
I was there today as well. What a let down. Was hoping I can hop into the SI coupe or Sedan and feel how the gearbox feels, but nope. All three R and SIs are fenced off and locked. As a matter of fact, there isn't any Honda manuals you can row at the show. Subaru has only the BRZ in manual. Ford has both the ST and RS in manual (I think the Mustang, but I wasn't interested so didn't check out. But not sure if it was a manual).

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I actually liked the 500 Abarth the best for an affordable under $25k car and the shifter was smooth as butter, at least as good as my 15 Si was if not better and the sound those little suckers make through the exhaust is one of the best 4cyl sounds I've heard. Mini Ferrari sounding.
Sponsored