Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet?

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm considering installing a front splitter. I'd like to chassis mount it like a proper splitter, but I haven't seen anyone come out with an out-of-the-box chassis mounted solution yet. Full disclosure: I have not removed my own bumper yet, so no idea what's going on under there. Normally it would involve a series of brackets and rods just under the bumper. Has anyone had success doing their own custom functional splitter job yet? Perhaps adapting a splitter from DFS or AFD and chassis mounting that, or are they too shallow for that? Or is it complicated enough that a local speedshop should probably do a full custom job instead?
Sponsored

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe. 1969 Karmann Ghia.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm considering installing a front splitter. I'd like to chassis mount it like a proper splitter, but I haven't seen anyone come out with an out-of-the-box chassis mounted solution yet. Full disclosure: I have not removed my own bumper yet, so no idea what's going on under there. Normally it would involve a series of brackets and rods just under the bumper. Has anyone had success doing their own custom functional splitter job yet? Perhaps adapting a splitter from DFS or AFD and chassis mounting that, or are they too shallow for that? Or is it complicated enough that a local speedshop should probably do a full custom job instead?
Update, DFS was able to fabricate brackets from existing mounting points. They had given me 2 options for chassis mounting and I went with the option that replaces the under tray so it's directly bolted to the frame.
They also offered a option to mount it to the bumper cover and add chassis supports as well.
I tested it by driving from LA to Vegas and it's definitely solid! If you're interested, definitely reach out to DFS

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update, DFS was able to fabricate brackets from existing mounting points. They had given me 2 options for chassis mounting and I went with the option that replaces the under tray so it's directly bolted to the frame.
They also offered a option to mount it to the bumper cover and add chassis supports as well.
I tested it by driving from LA to Vegas and it's definitely solid! If you're interested, definitely reach out to DFS

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is all good news! Did you manage to get any pictures of the underside?

Underbody aero has been on my mind for some time, having clean flow underneath for downforce and high speed stability (ironic flipped lotus pic). High end sports cars are designed with flat underbody panels as shown here with the Lotus Evora

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? Screenshot_20201031-104613

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? Screenshot_20201031-104711

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? Evorainverted_zpsd601fdc6.png.7163e93c2545d2611a338e7548f2e617

The Si is relatively clean until it gets to the rear where it's a complete parachute

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? DSC_0786.JPG

KingIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Sedan
Country flag
How's it holding up? Are they still making brackets to fit the Si front?

Si Stuart

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How's it holding up? Are they still making brackets to fit the Si front?
Sorry I was off the forums, but it's still holding strong. I got hit and run a while back that cracked my bumper but the actual splitter took it like a champ and still worked after checking the brackets. Here's some pics for anyone interested in mounting points.
It's alumalite, so not the lightest material, but super durable and cost efficient.

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? IMG_20211102_203355_429

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? IMG_20211102_203347_607

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? IMG_20211102_203344_316

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? IMG_20211118_141348

Honda Civic 10th gen Has anyone chassis mounted a front splitter yet? IMG_20211118_141352