Downpipe with high flow cat?

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
You’re right. Just don’t want the extra fumes although I heard it’s not too bad without a cat. Plus for what I’ve read I don’t think turbo cars need it. Still waiting for PRL To release theirs.

Personal feedback.

If you have a garage & kids, it is actually really bad- even when there are not kids in the house, it is bad. Forget traffic jams with the windows down, smelly as Funk! I had one before (thank God it was a modular one): I used to drive in the car in Neutral due the smog & driver out right away due the noise.

On a light color car, you will wash the car more often. Due the location of the downpipe, sadly we cannot use a modular one yet, anyone makes those??, this is the one that you could convert back with a cat or test pipe, depending of the occasion. The good thing about all the ones are in the market right now, they come with a 200 cel cat. Gains differences are minimal bet the two, having in consideration the 200 cel (norm) & pipe diameter 3” BUT definitely tangible. Sucks for Cali emissions, but in places like Florida, they can live catless & no biggies. I have two die with a catted one due my kids. It would be nice something for us, like the RV6 one found on the 1.5 Civic.

https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-modular-downpipe-for-16-civic-1-5t-sedan-coupe-hatch.html
Sponsored

OP
OP

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Personal feedback.

If you have a garage & kids, it is actually really bad- even when there are not kids in the house, it is bad. Forget traffic jams with the windows down, smelly as Funk! I had one before (thank God it was a modular one): I used to drive in the car in Neutral due the smog & driver out right away due the noise.

On a light color car, you will wash the car more often. Due the location of the downpipe, sadly we cannot use a modular one yet, anyone makes those??, this is the one that you could convert back with a cat or test pipe, depending of the occasion. The good thing about all the ones are in the market right now, they come with a 200 cel cat. Gains differences are minimal bet the two, having in consideration the 200 cel (norm) & pipe diameter 3” BUT definitely tangible. Sucks for Cali emissions, but in places like Florida, they can live catless & no biggies. I have two die with a catted one due my kids. It would be nice something for us, like the RV6 one found on the 1.5 Civic.

https://www.rv6-p.com/rv6-modular-downpipe-for-16-civic-1-5t-sedan-coupe-hatch.html
Hopefully PRL offers a cat version and not just catless downpipe @PRL Motorsports .

I do hope RV6 has some options coming out as well for our Type R @RV6 . The HFPC I have from them in my 2014 Acccord v6 has been great. Although on occasion it will throw a code.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I'm interested in catted, too. Not for sound, necessarily, but I definitely do want to avoid fumes. The two cars I've owned that were decatted were hard to drive around and breathe for too long.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in catted, too. Not for sound, necessarily, but I definitely do want to avoid fumes. The two cars I've owned that were decatted were hard to drive around and breathe for too long.
Yeah, I'm not certain I'll go catless front pipe myself after my experience on other Civics...but I have to admit, I wonder how it'd sound on the Type R lol

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Some of us totally agree,
We have a un-catted mock up dp on our car now with our front pipe and a greddy exhaust, once we put it on the dyno later this week we will have a sound clip for you guys!

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Any updates my friend?

Yep, I have the catless downpipe on and I'm still waiting on the front pipe. PRL says they're having delays so it still hasn't arrived.

I can tell you anything you want to know about a catless downpipe with stock exhaust right now. Any questions?

scarittagle

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R FK8 / Audi S5 Sportback
Country flag
Yep, I have the catless downpipe on and I'm still waiting on the front pipe. PRL says they're having delays so it still hasn't arrived.

I can tell you anything you want to know about a catless downpipe with stock exhaust right now. Any questions?
I just wanna know if there’s any weird noise, louder than stock setup, and power gain :)

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I just wanna know if there’s any weird noise, louder than stock setup, and power gain :)

No weird noise. You can hear the turbo whining when you come on boost though, sounds cool.

Definite power gain. Really the only time I've ever done a bolt on and thought "holy shit I can feel it's faster."

Sound in the car is slightly louder, but only slightly. Sound outside the car is almost the same at startup, slightly louder when on throttle. I'll be doing a muffler delete soon so that I can hear the turbo in the exhaust.

HondaReese23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
i am used to the exhaust fumes so catless, straight pipe all the way to muffler for me it is
Sponsored