Custom 3” exhaust with PRL DP/FP sounds (modifications listed below)

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Accord 2.0T Sport | '18 Civic EX-T Coupe CVT (destroyed)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

A quick video of my Civic demoing the exhaust sounds - vehicle info below.

Civic EXT Coupe 2018, CVT.

Custom made 3” catback exhaust (mufflers and resonators deleted), PRL catted 3” downpipe and frontpipe, AFE stage 2 CAI, and dyno tuned.
Sponsored

AZCivicX

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for the video upload! It’s nice to see another EXT coupe. I love your set up, sounds nice man. How is the drone on the highway?

OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the video upload! It’s nice to see another EXT coupe. I love your set up, sounds nice man. How is the drone on the highway?
Great question, that’s why I posted this so other people in the community know what to expect before they make a decision!

Honestly, there’s no denying the drone is bad on the highway. At specific lower rpm’s (1600-2100ish) some of the plastic in the vehicle rattles a lot from the vibration. That said, I’ve been running this about 10 months and after the first 30 days it stopped bothering me, it’s just background noise now.

I also have invested heavily into aftermarket audio in this vehicle (2 12” subs, Morel interior speakers, each driven by individual amps) so that may play a part in how much I tune it out.

All in all, I love it and wouldn’t change the sound one bit. This vehicle sounds so deep and throaty straight with no mufflers and resonators. Can’t say that for any of the previous generation civics with a similar exhaust setup!

Last edited:

AZCivicX

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
Great question, that’s why I posted this so other people in the community know what to expect before they make a decision!

Honestly, there’s no denying the drone is bad on the highway. At specific lower rpm’s (1600-2100ish) some of the plastic in the vehicle rattles a lot from the vibration. That said, I’ve been running this about 10 months and after the first 30 days it stopped bothering me, it’s just background noise now.

I also have invested heavily into aftermarket audio in this vehicle (2 12” subs, Morel interior speakers, each driven by individual 600w amps) so that may play a part in how much I tune it out.

All in all, I love it and wouldn’t change the sound one bit. This vehicle sounds so deep and throaty straight with no mufflers and resonators. Can’t say that for any of the previous generation civics with a similar exhaust setup!
Thanks for the response! That’s kind of what I figured as far as drone goes considering the aftermarket dp and resonator delete. I was looking through some of your other posts and saw you had a muffler delete at one point. I have just a single muffler delete (the left muffler as it’s only a couple of bolts) and like the way it sounds I just wish it was a little louder. It drones a tiny bit but it doesn’t bother me obviously as I want it louder lol.

How did you like the muffler delete? I’m going to have either my other muffler deleted and pipe it out to the back OR delete both muffler and the resonator. I’m wondering if the second muffler delete will make enough difference but worry that both mufflers with res will be too loud.

OP
OP

Coupe-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the response! That’s kind of what I figured as far as drone goes considering the aftermarket dp and resonator delete. I was looking through some of your other posts and saw you had a muffler delete at one point. I have just a single muffler delete (the left muffler as it’s only a couple of bolts) and like the way it sounds I just wish it was a little louder. It drones a tiny bit but it doesn’t bother me obviously as I want it louder lol.

How did you like the muffler delete? I’m going to have either my other muffler deleted and pipe it out to the back OR delete both muffler and the resonator. I’m wondering if the second muffler delete will make enough difference but worry that both mufflers with res will be too loud.
I think I may have posted a video of my muffler delete to full straight exhaust.. if not here it is:

The before is the factory dual mufflers deleted (resonator kept), the after is the resonator deleted along with the 3” custom catback. The resonator being removed is what made it throaty. As you can hear, it is completely different. The resonator delete (IMO) is the best choice. I’d be interested how it would sound with no resonator and a single high flow muffler.

Edit: should also mention that the before/after video was before I had installed the PRL frontpipe and downpipe. So no variable in terms of any sound change those made.

AZCivicX

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T
Country flag
I think I may have posted a video of my muffler delete to full straight exhaust.. if not here it is:

The before is the factory dual mufflers deleted (resonator kept), the after is the resonator deleted along with the 3” custom catback. The resonator being removed is what made it throaty. As you can hear, it is completely different. The resonator delete (IMO) is the best choice. I’d be interested how it would sound with no resonator and a single high flow muffler.

Edit: should also mention that the before/after video was before I had installed the PRL frontpipe and downpipe. So no variable in terms of any sound change those made.
Awesome, with that said I’ll probably end up deleting the resonator as well. Very interesting idea with the high flow muffler. I may look into that as well.
I’ll post back when I end up pulling the trigger. Hopefully within the next month or so.
Sponsored