VIDEO: "The Sounds of the 2016 Honda Civic with Turbo Engine Start up, Rev & 450w audio"

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Cant say what the coupe has since no ones ever seen it. If it does have less speakers though, expect that wattage from the amplifier to be lower. I know Honda generally doesnt give more power with amplifiers so when upgrades happen, it usually has to go.

Yes, that red car is the EXL. I think the wheels on it have been mistaken for the EX and EXT. ive never really understood the point of the EXL now. You might as well fork over some more money for the Touring for the features it has...

The problem is when a sound system doesnt sound good at 0 settings for the equalizer, it means the system naturally failed to reproduce the sound the producer wanted without requiring intervention from the user. That means it wasnt a good system to begin with.
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
^ You're either saying that their wattage rating spec is only power handing of the speakers added up (vs. the amps power), or that they'll use a different amp for the coupe (which doesn't seem likely). So then if the former, the wattage rating they're spouting off isn't really the power, and they could pretty much make it as high as they want (within reason), and it still has nothing to do with how well it sounds.

Last edited:

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the past the Coupe has always had more speakers than the 4 door on the LX trim. 4 vs. 6 on the coupe. Once you hit the 7 speaker setup on the current EX and above it stays the same between the two... so i'd guess the coupe will follow that same trend again.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Coupes are generally better equipped when comparing equal trim levels.

However, You cant get the subwoofer on sedan models previously because the rear center brake light was in the way. The coupe has always had it on the trunk so there was room. Thats the only reason why the 9th gen Si sedan has the sub, because the 3rd brake light is integrated into the wing.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag
In the past the Coupe has always had more speakers than the 4 door on the LX trim. 4 vs. 6 on the coupe. Once you hit the 7 speaker setup on the current EX and above it stays the same between the two... so i'd guess the coupe will follow that same trend again.
If 2 of the speakers are in the rear doors, I don't see them putting them in the rear side panels, do you?. The rear deck speakers would be a foot or two away from them. So I'm guessing 2 fewer speakers for the coupe, which might end up sounding better without them anyway.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I wouldn't be surprised if they put them in the rear side panels. Nothing wrong with doing that. Might help bridge the gap between the speakers in the rear deck and the ones in the doors.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If 2 of the speakers are in the rear doors, I don't see them putting them in the rear side panels, do you?. The rear deck speakers would be a foot or two away from them. So I'm guessing 2 fewer speakers for the coupe, which might end up sounding better without them anyway.
The Audi TT has an available 10 speaker stereo system... that's a much much smaller car... so i wouldn't count the civic coupe out on speakers just because its smaller... From the pics of the sedan it looks like the rear deck as 3 speakers, front has 1 speaker in the dash, the two tweeters on the pillars and one speaker in each door. My moms van has speakers in the side panels in the back, they could totally do the same with the coupe.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
double post.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Did anyone else notice at the end of the video 2:19 the MPH on the speedo?

100MPH! at about 5400 rpm with 1 bar from the top on the turbo boost meter!

Doesn't look like it red lines until 6500!!

Oh I can't wait for this!
Sponsored