Clicking noise from the driver side

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
There's this clicking noise coming from what feels like the clutch pedal area of the driver's side. Noise seems to be more pronounced inside the car than out, but I'll have someone listen for it outside the car soon. It usually manifests itself when the car is turning, doesn't matter right or left, 1st gear, not all the time though. Doesn't seem to be happening when I'm in neutral, but it's hard to confirm that. Most prevalent is when I'm going up my driveway ~15% grade. I thought it was a CV joint, jacked up the car and checked the joints and everything around it and looks good, no play from the wheels, suspension has no leaks. Turned the wheels side to side and nothing. I even used the floor jack to load the tire and turn the wheel to see if I can replicate the noise, but nothing. I mean the car drives fine, the noise is starting to get to me though. Clutch cable? No can't be, because the noise is only when turning. I still think it may be the suspension, maybe it's not being reproduced when I load the wheel with a floorjack because that's not equivalent to the weight of the car's front end's load. But why am I only hearing it in 1st gear...hmm

Have to turn up the volume, it's around the 3-4 sec mark.
Sponsored