First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys so just noticing when I make a left I hear a weird noise almost like clickin/clunking noise now if I go over a little bump or anything on not straight road I hear it only on the driver side and can’t tell but seems like under my car at times going Friday to dealer but nervous if they don’t hear anything there going to say nothing wrong so figure I’ll ask see if anyone had or fixed this issue so I can tell them what to look for I was thinking maybe cv axel
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
civictrooper

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a similar sound. Does your sound seem similar to the one in my video?
https://www.civicx.com/threads/17-civic-steering-clunk.20417/page-2#post-373132
Yeah I saw another member say that he had the same issue that it’s the transmission
I have a similar sound. Does your sound seem similar to the one in my video?
https://www.civicx.com/threads/17-civic-steering-clunk.20417/page-2#post-373132
yeah I read another member said he had the same noise an it turn out being the transmission mount going to dealer on Friday morning going to have them check that an my friend said it could be cv joint or cv axel going Have them check all 3 cause knowing my luck I bring it in an it makes no noise lol keep you updated buddy

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX CVT
Country flag
Yeah I saw another member say that he had the same issue that it’s the transmission

yeah I read another member said he had the same noise an it turn out being the transmission mount going to dealer on Friday morning going to have them check that an my friend said it could be cv joint or cv axel going Have them check all 3 cause knowing my luck I bring it in an it makes no noise lol keep you updated buddy
Interesting. My sound goes away when it is above 60F degrees outside. I've taken it in about 5 or 6 times to two dealers and they can never get it to make the sound. I even have corporate Honda involved.

OP
OP
civictrooper

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. My sound goes away when it is above 60F degrees outside. I've taken it in about 5 or 6 times to two dealers and they can never get it to make the sound. I even have corporate Honda involved.
Really it’s been too cold out here so can’t tell if it goes away in warmer weather but deff will let you know what happens buddy

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Interested to see what the dealers diagnose it as. I have a noise as well, been checking/commenting on the various other threads as well. Will definitely take mine in before the warranty expires. But as for me, it's for sure not the driver's strut because I replaced mines w/ coilovers and I still have the noise.

OP
OP
civictrooper

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interested to see what the dealers diagnose it as. I have a noise as well, been checking/commenting on the various other threads as well. Will definitely take mine in before the warranty expires. But as for me, it's for sure not the driver's strut because I replaced mines w/ coilovers and I still have the noise.
Went in to dealer today an had the mechanic take a ride with me made no noise what so ever smh said to try to record the noise an come back in waste of my day ehh
Sponsored