Will H11 72W bulbs cause a problem?

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I just purchased some LED EAGLE H11 bubls to try them. They are made in canada and apparently fit in my civic hatch 2018. I just realised they are 72W but not knowing much about car lights, I'm wondering if that's going to cause an issue. Many of the products on this sub are 200-300$ canadian by the time you add shipping. So I decided to give these guys a shot. I honestly just want a nice white color.

Here is what I purchased :
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0777NQS5Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
It says it's 36 watts per bulb. That's lower than the stock halogen bulbs, you should be fine.

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It says it's 36 watts per bulb. That's lower than the stock halogen bulbs, you should be fine.
I am so blind! I guess I don't function well if I don't finish my coffee lol. Thanks for the help.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I think those numbers are a bit dubious... I mean come on, 6000 lumens per bulb?

The XD16 light chip typically gets a max of 700 lumens at 6 watts, driven at 2Amps with a 3V foward voltage. It looks like it's got 3 dies per side, or 6 dies total. Checks out so far, 6x6 = 36 watts.

But, that's not at steady state. Even under 100% perfect conditions inside a sphere, this thing gives out maybe 4200 lumens. In real life, you lose 10% right off the bat due to inefficiencies, by the time it's been on 5 minutes, in a 70-80C engine bay, with that tiny fan and heatsink, you'd be lucky to get maybe 2000 lumens out of this thing. Which is just under twice that of your OEM halogens. Still good I guess, but not 6000 lumens for sure.

They'll be fine for you. As long as you don't exceed 55 watts per bulb, which is what the standard wiring hardness is rated for.

OP
OP

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't driven it at night yet. I put them on, and they definitely do look whiter than the stock H11's. They are white enough that I think they look fine. I'm not sure how they will be at night though. I'm keeping the original bulbs in the car just Incase lol.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I haven't driven it at night yet. I put them on, and they definitely do look whiter than the stock H11's. They are white enough that I think they look fine. I'm not sure how they will be at night though. I'm keeping the original bulbs in the car just Incase lol.
While 6500k+ looks very very white, it gets washed out easily in wet dark roads.
Sponsored