1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
General question for those of you running 19's... is there a noticeable difference between your 19's and the stock 20's. Not necessarily looking for feedback on the handling differences, more interested to know if the road noise is less, more, or about the same.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
General question for those of you running 19's... is there a noticeable difference between your 19's and the stock 20's. Not necessarily looking for feedback on the handling differences, more interested to know if the road noise is less, more, or about the same.
For me weight gains is night and day. The rest can’t really tell as I switched from 255/35/20 to 255/35/19

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
road noise is way less for me. those stock conti's picked up every tiny pebble in the road and were pretty loud overall IMO.

ride comfort is better, and so is peace of mind with the slightly thicker sidewall.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
road noise is way less for me. those stock conti's picked up every tiny pebble in the road and were pretty loud overall IMO.

ride comfort is better, and so is peace of mind with the slightly thicker sidewall.
That’s just what I’m looking for.
I’m hoping the road noise improves , if comfort is better that’s a bonus but I do t think the ride is bad at all considering what we’re driving on. Thanks!

My car is in the shop right now (hit a deer). But I have a new set of y spokes powder coated black waiting to put on when I get it back. I’ll post up when I do

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
19’s much quieter.

TSW 19x9.5 ET41 on 255/35-19 Goodyear Eagle Exhilirate (Eibach Pro springs for fitment). Went all season since it does freeze in NW FL and quite moist 30% of the year on this daily (parked lots teleworking).

Also double insulated entire spare tire area (the cars, not mine) primarily to squelch interior exhaust from AWE Touring that sounded like it was in back seat. Even though I have yet to do wheel wells, floor, and doors, it seems quieter inside all around.

Agree the stock Conti’s even on 8.5” stock rims are stone magnets.

Honda Civic 10th gen Who's running 19's?  Post them up. 4CE5C5B0-7C04-4925-AF4D-9977671FA234

Last edited:

TypeR_671

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
thumbnail02.jpg
thumbnail01.jpg

Rays gram lights 57transcend 19x9.5 et38
thumbnail02.jpg
thumbnail01.jpg

Rays gram lights 57transcend 19x9.5 et38
Hi Jay,
What kind of lug nuts (brand or model) are you running? I'm running the same type of rim but with the hole on this rim we are limited on what kind of lug nuts we can run, I've ordered 2 different sets and had to return both, on the first one, the lug nut will not fit in the hole, the second set was returned cause the socket was too wide for the hole, I would really appreciate it if you cand send me up close pictures of the type of lugs you are using.

Thanks,
Tony

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
19’s much quieter.

TSW 19x9.5 ET41 on 255/35-19 Goodyear Eagle Exhilirate (Eibach Pro springs for fitment). Went all season since it does freeze in NW FL and quite moist 30% of the year on this daily (parked lots teleworking).

Also double insulated entire spare tire area (the cars, not mine) primarily to squelch interior exhaust from AWE Touring that sounded like it was in back seat. Even though I have yet to do wheel wells, floor, and doors, it seems quieter inside all around.
Apologies for hijacking thread... I’ve thought about doing some sort of dynomat back there but wasn’t sure if it’d be worth the effort without doing doors wheels and floors too. Good to know. ?

Tamporter

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR LE #22, Gallardo Spyder 6MT, Rover SVR, S2000
Country flag
Why are most owners going with 18s?
I'd think that downsizing from 20 to 19 should already net better ride quality and be safer against potholes.
Seems vendor stock leans heavily towards 18s too.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apologies for hijacking thread... I’ve thought about doing some sort of dynomat back there but wasn’t sure if it’d be worth the effort without doing doors wheels and floors too. Good to know. ?
Pretty cheap to do, doesn’t take but an hour or so, some noticeable improvement but does nothing for tire noise. Looking back, I’d do it again.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
Very nice, this is how our Type R should come stock. Btw, what lights are you running cause it has a light tint of blue in it, looks nice.
Thanks! The lights are stock, it just must've been the lighting indoors.

I agree and disagree about how the CTR should've come stock with 19's. I do like the look, I do like the ride / noise improvement, but the 20's give the handling an immediacy that fit the cars' personality. Honda put the CTR out there in way nobody else could, and anything less would've been a compromise. I think for those of us the daily drive it, we can make the changes easy enough to make it more tame for daily use, and then we still have the equipment on hand to do more if desired.

Back to the wheels... I'm really happy with how they turned out. The Y spoke is a sexy wheel IMHO.
Sponsored