Manny7

First Name
Mankunwar Singh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey everyone. I have a 2017 Civic Si Sedan. I hit an island while making a turn a while ago and never saw any visible damage to the naked eye. My alignment was off by a bit. Got the alignment done by a local shop and it was good until I put on spacers a couple weeks ago. Also even after the car driving perfectly straight if I did a little hard acceleration the car would go a little bit to the right and on decel would come back a little to the left.

After I put spacers the back wheels were sitting perfect. The driver side was sitting good too and when I looked at the passenger side the wheel was out by roughly 10mm. I am running Enkie M52 wheels with +40 offset so I believe the 20mm spacer was a bit big andit would sit a little outside for sure.
Passenger side
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel sitting inside toward the passenger side 3096EFEE-B55D-46AF-ADFD-EFA73EF7F279

Driver side
Honda Civic 10th gen Wheel sitting inside toward the passenger side 55959E56-24BE-4808-8DBD-BF366E9C071F
Now on the hunt to find the problem I have already gone through basic steps on changing stuff from the shock to spindle and then the control arm and ball joint for no difference at all. Hasn’t helped a bit.

Please let me know if anyone has gone through this or anyone knows what could be the next step. It might be very small for some people but it bothers me.

TIA 🙏🏼

OP
OP

Manny7

First Name
Mankunwar Singh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Check if the subframe was shifted.
How can that be done ? Do you have proper directions as to how ? I opened everything underneath yesterday to have a look at the subframe but it looked ok

OP
OP

Manny7

First Name
Mankunwar Singh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Quit throwing money around and take it to a professional and reputable frame shop.
Let me know if you know a shop that would check and properly give an answer around GTA. Most likely every place here is trying to make more money. All the shops that I have been to have made me change the subframe too without checking. I would rather take proper steps.

Ttommytucker

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX 2.0 6spd sedan
Country flag
I'm from Pennsylvania, I have no idea where GTA is. Only GTA I ever knew of was Grand Theft Auto 🤣. Look at some independent body shops and ask around.
Sponsored