First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
alright so i have a 2017 civic sport 100,400miles
i ordered a 22 si in december still waiting for it to come in (should be end of june). My 17 civic threw a p0420 code about two weeks ago I had the catalytic converter changed... code went away. Well.... its back on. The mechanic shop told me i might be leaking air somewhere from the turbocharger on back.
The main problem of this situation is, i was gonna sell this car to my girlfriend instead of trading it in for $15000, honda would probably give me $13000 since ive added miles to the car.
Should i clear the code and just trade it in and let it be hondas problem lol, its a good car but i would be upset if i sell it to my girlfriend and it just craps out.

what should i do?????
Sponsored

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
How much were you going to sell it to your gf for?

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Looks like your really trying to look out for your gf by selling her the car. I'd take it to the dealership see what they say is wrong with it then go from there.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
Wait. Hol' up. Your mechanic swapped the cat without confirming it to be the issue and now thinks it may be another issue? Sounds like you need a new mechanic. The shop you're using currently is hunting and pecking with your money.

P0420 is an insanely common code with a variety of causes. I'd have someone actually do a proper diagnostic on it, fix the root of the issue, then sell it private market. I'm assuming you're not running a VTA BOV, right?

OP
OP
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Wait. Hol' up. Your mechanic swapped the cat without confirming it to be the issue and now thinks it may be another issue? Sounds like you need a new mechanic. The shop you're using currently is hunting and pecking with your money.

P0420 is an insanely common code with a variety of causes. I'd have someone actually do a proper diagnostic on it, fix the root of the issue, then sell it private market. I'm assuming you're not running a VTA BOV, right?
yea man idk, all im running right now is a PRL cai and a muffeler delete lol.
Sponsored