First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my boyfriend just left for deployment and I got a long couple of months to tinker around with my Honda. Not sure where to pick up where I left off. Last thing I did cosmetic wise was put some LED bulbs for my headlamps and did some Plasti-dip coating for the emblems and chrome out my window trim. Any suggestions would be great. I wanted to put a louder muffler on it but my boyfriend said “No”. You’re not turning your car into a rice burner ?
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Budget? Goals?

Cosmetic? Performance? Both?

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Budget? Goals?

Cosmetic? Performance? Both?
Where do I begin lol

performance eh’ I’m driving a stock Honda not a sport Honda lol. I want to put a diffuser on the back and maybe a rear visor for the rear window if I can find one that’s good quality and not so expensive. I still have my rear trunk spoiler attached. Surprisingly it has not come off my trunk lid yet lol. Still need to update my high beam lights. Possibly might want to install some fog lights too.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The balance of cost and quality is tight. Some things are just going to cost more

Front lip and side skirts would look really good with the cosmic blue. Factory hatch skirts fit on sedans afaik. There are a few lip options that are subtle but more aggressive

I think a great underrated driveability mod is getting the @Suma Performance side mirrors

There's also wheels and tires. They'll give looks and performance, but they're pricey

Fog lights would add to your look nicely too

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So my boyfriend just left for deployment and I got a long couple of months to tinker around with my Honda. Not sure where to pick up where I left off. Last thing I did cosmetic wise was put some LED bulbs for my headlamps and did some Plasti-dip coating for the emblems and chrome out my window trim. Any suggestions would be great. I wanted to put a louder muffler on it but my boyfriend said “No”. You’re not turning your car into a rice burner ?
Personally if its your car and your money I don't see why you wouldn't do what you want...

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally if its your car and your money I don't see why you wouldn't do what you want...
I know he was just giving me a hard time. He’s in the Navy so yeah lol but it’s my car I can do whatever I please. His name isn’t on the financial part of my car loan lol. I mentioned about adding a sway bar to the front to handle tight corners when driving, he just looked at me and rolled his eyes lol

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The balance of cost and quality is tight. Some things are just going to cost more

Front lip and side skirts would look really good with the cosmic blue. Factory hatch skirts fit on sedans afaik. There are a few lip options that are subtle but more aggressive

I think a great underrated driveability mod is getting the @Suma Performance side mirrors

There's also wheels and tires. They'll give looks and performance, but they're pricey

Fog lights would add to your look nicely too
I’m thinking about ordering those Suma Performance side mirror blinkers. Are they for the sedans that don’t have the lane watch or is it for both? I have the lane watch camera and I’d like to get those turn signal lights for the mirrors.
I’m also debating on ordering the mirrors to but just for the defroster option.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I know he was just giving me a hard time. He’s in the Navy so yeah lol but it’s my car I can do whatever I please. His name isn’t on the financial part of my car loan lol. I mentioned about adding a sway bar to the front to handle tight corners when driving, he just looked at me and rolled his eyes lol
Do you already have a rear sway bar? If not, installing a front sway is just gonna make you understeer like crazy. If you want tighter and more fun cornering, add a stiffer rear sway bar.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you already have a rear sway bar? If not, installing a front sway is just gonna make you understeer like crazy. If you want tighter and more fun cornering, add a stiffer rear sway bar.
No I don’t have a rear sway bar. I thought adding the front bar would help but didn’t think about that lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, you do have a rear sway bar. Hobby-man meant an upgraded one.;)

Also, I think you meant front strut bar.

OP
OP
Jens_sedanEX18

Jens_sedanEX18

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Actually, you do have a rear sway bar. Hobby-man meant an upgraded one.;)

Also, I think you meant front strut bar.
Yeah the front strut bar haha lol I’m so confused. I just want to upgrade what I can. First thing would probably be the Suma Performance mirrors. Has anyone got those on their cars yet? Is it worth the money? I’m thinking of getting the ones with the defroster + turn signals.

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m thinking about ordering those Suma Performance side mirror blinkers. Are they for the sedans that don’t have the lane watch or is it for both? I have the lane watch camera and I’d like to get those turn signal lights for the mirrors.
I’m also debating on ordering the mirrors to but just for the defroster option.

I don't know about the turn signal mirrors. I didn't get those.

I don't use lane watch, it delays the already slow si head unit.

If you already have mirror defrost, it will keep working with the Suma mirror. It won't add defrost if you don't already have it.

The anti glare and wider blind spot coverage alone are worth it

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know about the turn signal mirrors. I didn't get those.

I don't use lane watch, it delays the already slow si head unit.

If you already have mirror defrost, it will keep working with the Suma mirror. It won't add defrost if you don't already have it.

The anti glare and wider blind spot coverage alone are worth it
Can confirm, have yet to transfer them onto my new CTR and it's driving me nuts. Field of view is limited and the glare really hits hard without that blue tint.

Now I don't have SUMA, I bought these from a member here who had worked with a manufacturer to do their own. They were like $80 - I couldn't justify the SUMA ones - but after having these I would happily pay the SUMA price. VERY worth it.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We all have different interests, hopefully one day he can accept that the things which make his significant other happy are things he should not have a say in. There are some obvious limitations, but modifying a car? Gotta do what's gonna make you smile.

That being said, the front strut bar was nice when I installed on my sport. I didn't feel like it messed the suspension up too much, but I wasn't pushing it really hard on corners as it has gotten quite cold since I installed it. I'm sure beefing up the rear sway would even things out if it does throw it out of balance on you.

The sequential side markers are awesome I have the switchback ones from SUMA. Definitely spring for some of those as it looks like you have yet to do that. One of the most subtle, inexpensive yet incredibly effective mods. The orange just looks so out of place.

Trent m

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
You don't have to pay a bunch to set your civic aside from all of the others on the road. Smoked side markers, wheels with good fitment, diffuser with some nice exhaust tips, etc. will make it look great.
Sponsored