Vinyl chrome delete on front grill HELP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I did everything but front grill and I’m dreading it. Lol. Can anyone help with how to go about doing it? Thanks
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it'll probly be cheaper to just buy the newer black grille and replace it. I'd think a vinyl grille chrome delete would only last a year tops due to rocks and road debris bouncing up on it. our condensers take enough punishment from rocks bouncing up as it is.

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I looked into doing a vinyl wrap for the front grill, but with all the blemishes and chipping already, all the imperfections wouldve shown through. Instead I bought a replacement front grille for my Civic, was about $100. Dont regret it at all. I got one that matches the fog light trim. Took me like 30 -45 minutes to install. Most of your time will be removing and reinstalling all the clips on the bumper. Definitely a lot easier that pulling and stretching a wrap and hitting it with a heat gun.

I got mine from Ikon Motorsports, but tons of companies sell different ones.

Honda Civic 10th gen Vinyl chrome delete on front grill HELP 1667189349032

Last edited:
OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
I looked into doing a vinyl wrap for the front grill, but with all the blemishes and chipping already, all the imperfections wouldve shown through. Instead I bought a replacement front grille for my Civic, was about $100. Dont regret it at all. I got one that matches the fog light trim. Took me like 30 -45 minutes to install. Most of your time will be removing and reinstalling all the clips on the bumper. Definitely a lot easier that pulling and stretching a wrap and hitting it with a heat gun.

I got mine from Ikon Motorsports, but tons of companies sell different ones.

1667189349032.jpeg
How difficult is it to remove? can i do this in my backyard? bumper have to come off or is the grill pretty accessable?

Chilly613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Sport Touring 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How difficult is it to remove? can i do this in my backyard? bumper have to come off or is the grill pretty accessable?
Its not hard to remove, just time consuming. It helps to have a clip removal tool and a trim removal tool to help prevent breaking clips and possibly scratching the paint, but you can do it from home with basic hand tools. Yes, you have to remove the bumper to remove the grill.

Sponsored