First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all, I had a question for those using a THUMB DRIVE for audio.

everything works fine however when I "ADD" a new folder (like a new album) it will do one of two things when plugged back in to the car:
* put it at the very end of the folder list when scrolling for the album (will not show this alphabetically like everything else as it was added later)

or

* copies the new folder to the thumb drive but the album/folder does not show up at all when scrolling through everything in the car.

so my question is
1. Has anyone else seen this?
2. How do I fix this? (is there a rescan or reindex the thumb drive via the cars head unit)

any help would be awesome.
again, everything else works like a charm, its only adding new music to the thumb drive that is weird.
Sponsored

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I have the same issue. I just format my drive and re-import all music back into the same time.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not have this issue until I decided to add some music without first erasing everything on the drive. The times I added music before I first erased everything to adding everything plus the new; no issues there.

I can also confirm that the re-format than add all music again option solves your problems.

OP
OP
jpuhl777

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thanks all, that's what I have found as well but thought maybe I was missing something to make it faster to add music (sucks having to copy 50gigs of music every time you want to add something)
Sponsored