Underglow Installation

sokrispy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Has anyone installed underglow on a Type R or hatchback?

There are two threads I've found but they were filled with nothing but users' opinions on underglow. I've also DM'ed people about their setups, but have only received vague information.

For those of you that have, I have a few questions.
  1. How do you power them? I'd like to wire them to the fuse box but am not exactly sure how to properly do this. I know that some have used the cabin fuse box by running the wires through a grommet in the firewall and into a fuse tap.Where is this grommet located? Which fuse should I use?
  2. How did you mount your LED bars? Did you use zip ties or screws? How did you go about mounting and securing the rear LED bar? I know that @evo_subi on Instagram mounted his right underneath the exhaust but he didn't go into detail about where exactly the LED bar was secured to.
  3. How did you route the wiring from the sides and rear of the car to the engine bay?
Sponsored

anhanymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR, 2009 Accord
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One of the people I met through owning a TypeR has underglows installed on his TypeR. If you follow and DM him on Instagram I'm sure he'd be glad to give you more info. His IG name is "Eastcoastfk8s"

jeremk

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Has anyone done this on an FK8? I have got a set of strips ready to go but havent found too much on mounting and the cable management.

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Has anyone installed underglow on a Type R or hatchback?

There are two threads I've found but they were filled with nothing but users' opinions on underglow. I've also DM'ed people about their setups, but have only received vague information.

For those of you that have, I have a few questions.
  1. How do you power them? I'd like to wire them to the fuse box but am not exactly sure how to properly do this. I know that some have used the cabin fuse box by running the wires through a grommet in the firewall and into a fuse tap.Where is this grommet located? Which fuse should I use?
  2. How did you mount your LED bars? Did you use zip ties or screws? How did you go about mounting and securing the rear LED bar? I know that @evo_subi on Instagram mounted his right underneath the exhaust but he didn't go into detail about where exactly the LED bar was secured to.
  3. How did you route the wiring from the sides and rear of the car to the engine bay?
1. Answer to your first question: You can power your underglow lights from the white connector placed on the lowest position under the fusebox, on the right side row. That is the 6-PIN car connector dedicated to power all accessory interior lights, like the foot lights, and the door sill illuminated trims.
Honda Civic 10th gen Underglow Installation 9803902A-8767-4787-82B6-C9D951245C75

The empty 6-PIN connector showed in the picture is for any accessory harness.
Then, you have to find a 6-PIN father connector, and install properly the wires of your harness in it.
For example, you can see in the picture, right above the 2A step illum. fuse, the connector for the illuminated door sill trims, and where are located the three wires (red, grey and purple).
I presume the red one is for “+” and the grey one is for “-“, but this is an OEM Honda accessory harness, maybe that’s why it have three wires. Of course, the number of wires depends to your underglow harness type.
I hope my answer will help you. Good luck !

Last edited:

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Let the Type R ricing begin!!!!

Joking ofcourse

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
A part of me really wants to do this rice-ness to mine as a joke. I grew up playing underground 2 and the child in me wants to troll with it (my friends that is)
Sponsored