Rozer95

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+ MY 2020
Country flag
Everyone including the guy at the Honda dealership told me that the size of the Type R is basically the same as the Sport/Sport+ hatchback. Now is it just me or it doesn't seem like that at all, starting from the size of the tail lights being a bit wider in the hatch version. And how about the overall length of the car itself, specs say the hatch is even shorter, really? Cause it looks the exact opposite to me, lol.
Also I've seen a lot of Type R wing replica installed on hatch version and I can clearly see that's not an original Type R body.
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Everyone including the guy at the Honda dealership told me that the size of the Type R is basically the same as the Sport/Sport+ hatchback. Now is it just me or it doesn't seem like that at all, starting from the size of the tail lights being a bit wider in the hatch version. And how about the overall length of the car itself, specs say the hatch is even shorter, really? Cause it looks the exact opposite to me, lol.
Also I've seen a lot of Type R wing replica installed on hatch version and I can clearly see that's not an original Type R body.
The Civic Type R is going to be a bit wider than the hatchback which explains the Type R replica wing (if it's a direct 1-1), but note that a lot of replica wings are off dimensionality-wise and might be smaller than the actual Type R wing. The overall length of the car (bumper to bumper) shouldn't be affected by this too much. The internal dimensions of both vehicles should be identical. The size of lights, grills, etc. should also be the same if I'm not mistaken.