Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
I’ll chime in since I’m a new owner of a type r from an si. I liked the si a lot. I think the styling is sleek. I also agree that the type r is an acquired taste

my pros. More power. Smoother shifting I llove the more aggressive styiing. I like the rev matching. I enjoy the sound. And I like the heavy hard German car ride it has.I like the seats and I really like that it’s a 4 door hatch. It means nothing but I like the number plate lol. Good job Honda marketing. I also like that I personally don’t feel the need to do any customization. Other than trunk mats I don’t feel a need to do more. Also no sunroof. I personally don’t like them. Oh. The steering wheel. Is much better.

cons to the si. I hate the giant wing. Suspension is super stiff so if you do a lot of miles it could be too stiff for you. Uses more gas than the si. No heated seats. I actually like heated seats. I like the 20 inch wheels but they are hard for normal driving.

for me. It’s the closest I could get to a German car feel with Honda reliability and maintenance costs. Everytime I hit a corner I say. Good job Honda. Personally the si felt as if it was lacking something. Or like Honda gave me a little but held back. The CTR feels Like Honda gave me something really fun to drive. If Honda rep reads this. Don’t skimp on the rear brakes and rear seats in the type r. Also give us carbon fiber interior pieces standard. Lol.
Sponsored

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
My take on the two is the Type R is a totally different machine in as far as the performance envelope goes across the board. The commonalities between the Si & Type R stop at the fact they are both 10th Gen. Civics and share many components. They are far more different from each other than say for example my 01, 05 and 08 CR S2000's are similar to each other. That said, I like the performance of the Type R, I just can't stand 4 or 5 doors and the styling of the Type R and thats why I went with the Si Coupe as another daily driver. Now had the Type R been a Coupe? ... I would have been all over it.
Yep -
Give me a coupe with the CTR mechanicals and I'd buy one.
FWIW I have nothing against the 4-door hatchback Civic but don't think of it as a performance car. Adding the big wing of the CTR makes it look like a boy racer car, IMO.

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I thought the SI was more fun then touching the throttle in my R and being worried about where the cop is hiding. But 54k miles into my R and I still love it.
Sponsored