danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ok, I was rear ended back in August so the whole rear basically had to get replaced. When I open my trunk, the trunk light doesn't come on and it doesn't indicate that it's open on the cluster. Here is the weird part, sometimes on first startup it will work and it will say trunk open and the light turns on. Then if I close the trunk and open right away again it stops working. Obviously this has to do with something after I got rear ended, but was wondering if anyone has any tips on what to try to see if I can fix it myself. I really don't want to take it to the body shop again and have to wait or miss a day of work if I can fix it myself.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
There is probably a momentary switch somewhere near the latch that is getting stuck down, or could be at one of the trunk arms possibly? Just going off of other cars. Don't know for sure.

Reactions: LBP

LBP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
There's usually a position sensor of some kind in the latch mechanism. You may need to replace it. This should be the part number you need:
Honda Civic 10th gen Trunk light not working and doesn't indicate when it's open on cluster 1641329131181

That said, it would be smart to do some investigation and see if anything - such as the wire harness - has visible damage. You should ask whomever performed the repair work if the latch was replaced. You could be lucky and simply need to adjust the latch mechanism, or reseat the connector.
Sponsored