Touring model radio screen problems

DoNNy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic-2014 Toyota rav4
The Screen on my 2016 touring will just start flashing for no reason, happens everyday at different spots on drive to work, have called Honda and have a complaint #, they said if dealer can't duplicate then theres nothing they can do. It is really annoying, sound is okay when on sirius or normal radio stations, but also have trouble with bluetooth cutting in and out all the time. Was wondering if anyone else is having screen problem, I read lots are having bluetooth problem,like a skipping record.Any info would be helpful.
Sponsored

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
Search around here... there are several threads on this site and on the other Civic forum about this very topic. Good Luck and welcome!

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
The Screen on my 2016 touring will just start flashing for no reason, happens everyday at different spots on drive to work, have called Honda and have a complaint #, they said if dealer can't duplicate then theres nothing they can do. It is really annoying, sound is okay when on sirius or normal radio stations, but also have trouble with bluetooth cutting in and out all the time. Was wondering if anyone else is having screen problem, I read lots are having bluetooth problem,like a skipping record.Any info would be helpful.
I have the same problem. It only happens when the dash is dimmed (GPS is in night mode). I though it was the GPS but it but also was flashing on and off when I pressed the side camera. Brought in it in along with my other 15 deficiencies and they gave the head unit a software update. So far no flashing but its an intermittent problem so I have to give it another couple of weeks before I can confirm the update was successful.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Was it a head unit software update or the TSB for the amp issue known to the Touring? I've not heard of a head unit (infotainment) software update as of yet - though thousands of us are likely praying and hoping one comes out eventually.

OP
OP

DoNNy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was it a head unit software update or the TSB for the amp issue known to the Touring? I've not heard of a head unit (infotainment) software update as of yet - though thousands of us are likely praying and hoping one comes out eventually.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I don't known about the TSB amp issue cause I am not experiencing that problem. All he said to me that there was a software update done on the head unit. I am experiencing a rattling sound on the back panel where the woofer is when the volume is at 20 or higher. That problem is still there. Hope this info helps brother.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There are threads about better insulating the sub-woofer in the back to get rid of that rattle. Some do it themselves, some ask the dealer to do it.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
There are threads about better insulating the sub-woofer in the back to get rid of that rattle. Some do it themselves, some ask the dealer to do it.
Brother....I didn't spend 30 Grand so I can spend hours trying to fix something Honda screwed up. Plus if I fix it myself and I break something, Honda will have all the power to void my warranty.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Then you would be one of the ones to ask the dealer to do it... For this fix, I would personally do it myself, because I know I'd do it better, and probably dynamat the area in the process.

Your dealer may appear far more competent than some of the dealers out there, too... Mine would be all like, "Well, I don't know if I'd know how to stop it from making that vibratey noise. I think that's 'sposed to be part of the music."

OP
OP

DoNNy22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer said software update is for no sound, I've tried rebooting and the dim brightness and night time mode, the screen is still flashing intermittently, also have the skipped record effect when hooked up to bluetooth.I video the screen blinking and sent to the Honda rep on his cell phone. He gave me file # for complaint, suppose to take to dealer next week to get software update, I haven't had the sound issue yet, so maybe shouldn't get update might make for more problems.I don't know why but the screen issue drives me nuts.

mycivicisalemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Then you would be one of the ones to ask the dealer to do it... For this fix, I would personally do it myself, because I know I'd do it better, and probably dynamat the area in the process.
Yes I will ask the dealer to do it. While he's there I will supply the Dynamat. I can do it myself by like I said... if I make a mistake, Honda will be more than happy to get rid of my warranty (I am driving them nuts with my anger with 16 deficiencies).

Negative3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Turnining the brightness up on the display stopped the flickering for me. I set mine to a cpl notches below max brightness and it hasn't flickered since. At this point I dont even care if its a "proper solution" or not... Its not flickering anymore and I dont find the screen too bright so whatever...

My dealer was suppose to get back to me about a replacement head unit thats been back ordered as well as looking at addressing some of the panel alignments / gaps and the subwoofer vibration. Ive not heard back in a couple weeks now and I don't expect to at this point. Can't be bothered with the hassle of nagging them either...

In hind sight I'll a) likely not buy from this dealer again which is a shame to say since I was a repeat customer with prior positive experiences and b) I'll never buy the first production run or first year model of a brand new re-design again. ever.
Sponsored