Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have tried on multiple occasions to stop the car by activating the Electronic E-brake. It will not lock up while moving.
Sponsored

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, check out this video below. He got the Civic to come to a complete stop and I suppose he's holding up the lever the entire time until it stopped. And in the comments of the instagram vid I posted, in the comments someone stated that the driver engaged the e-brake and kept it engaged by not having his seatbelt clipped. I guess that keeps the e-brake activated and the front wheels keep on pushing past the brakes which I think is probably a bad thing and I definitely won't be testing that on my own ride.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, check out this video below. He got the Civic to come to a complete stop and I suppose he's holding up the lever the entire time until it stopped. And in the comments of the instagram vid I posted, in the comments someone stated that the driver engaged the e-brake and kept it engaged by not having his seatbelt clipped. I guess that keeps the e-brake activated and the front wheels keep on pushing past the brakes which I think is probably a bad thing and I definitely won't be testing that on my own ride.

That's not the result I had when I tried it. Damn thing grabbed hard and lurched forward like I was hit from behind. Never again!

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Caught this clip on Instagram and 3 things popped in my head:

1. I dig the front bumper
2. Drive “jammed” the e-brake to make the car do what it does in the clip.
3. Is he gonna eff up his brakes???

Who needs functional rear wheels. :dunno:

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not the result I had when I tried it. Damn thing grabbed hard and lurched forward like I was hit from behind. Never again!
I kind of wish the video showed how he activated the e-brake: like did he lift and hold the lever or just lift it once... How did you try to activate it?

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I kind of wish the video showed how he activated the e-brake: like did he lift and hold the lever or just lift it once... How did you try to activate it?
I just pulled it for a split second. Maybe I should have held it longer but I kinda freaked out!
Just found this on page 484 of the owner's manual.
Honda Civic 10th gen This Civic clip is interesting IMG_1432.JPG

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just pulled it for a split second. Maybe I should have held it longer but I kinda freaked out!
Just found this on page 484 of the owner's manual.
IMG_1432.JPG
Don’t blame you for freakin out. But yeah it seems like you have to hold the lever up the whole time. Like I said I don’t want to be testing it anytime soon! Haha
Sponsored