SUPER GT

213NSX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX, S2K, CTR, ITR, etc
Country flag
There is no better race for Honda, and Honda Fans.

I urge every Honda Tech and CivicX Member to watch and follow Super GT. In fact, We won last night in a very exciting and close finish, in the ARTA NSX-GT, to end the Lexus Streak.

If you have been living under a rock the last 20 or so years, these cars are absolute BEASTS. The GT300 Cars are some of the fastest "Production" Cars out there. And the GT500 cars are even faster!

Unlike Honda-Tech, K20a, and other Honda Forums, I feel like we have a lot of members who are not actually Honda Techs, or even longtime Honda Fans, but are newer, but highly passionate lovers of all things Honda. So I will try and use this thread to also recruit new Super GT Fans, and Motorsports fans in general. With Gran Turismo Sport, GT Academy, FIA E-Racing Licensing, Sparco Gaming, Project Cars 2, Forza Motorsports 7, and iRacing it has never been a better time for Motorsports IMO.

I will also petition the site owners, and mods to open a Motorsports Sub-Forum with stuff in there for Drag Racing (I love me some Honda Drag Racing!), F1, WEC, WRC, Nascar, and of course Indy Cars, as well as any and all other type of Motorsports. I personally love Drifting, and Time Attack too.

What is Super GT you ask?
Super GT racing features two seperate classes competing on track at once, GT300 and GT500.

GT500 is a manufacturer-only class that is easiest described as the Japanese DTM. This class currently features three cars, each of which use the same base chassis as the DTM machines, the Lexus LC500 (who are proving to be the dominant force this season), the Nissan GT-R, and the Honda NSX GT (The chassis of which has been modified and handicapped to accommodate a mid-engine layout).

Each of the three manufacturers are committed to run 5 cars each, however Nissan have currently only committed four cars, while Lexus runs six.

GT500 machines use 2.0 litre, inline 4 cylinder engines that produce upwards of 600 horsepower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GT300 is a mostly customer/privateer class that features three sub-classes of cars, all of which are balanced by the SRO.

The MC cars each use a spec nissan-built 4.5 litre V8 engine.

• JAF GT300 cars, while you may not know it yet, are some of the most famous GT cars in the world. JAF GT300 regulations are fairly open, as far as GT racing goes, and allows teams and definitely not any manufacturers to develop, build and race their own cars using whatever methods they see fit (that comply with the regulations, of course). These rules have seen an influx of interesting designs over the years, including a Toyota Corolla, an actual Daytona Prototype (known in SGT as the Mooncraft Shiden), and a Honda CR-Z.
In 2017, JAF GT300 features two different cars; The now world famous and race winning Toyota Prius GT, and the (technically not) manufacturer-backed R&D Sport Subaru BRZ.

The two Prius GT's use a LMP1-derived 3.4 litre 8-cylinder engine solution. One of which is aided by a lithium ion battery hybrid system, not too different from the one found on the road-going car, and the other uses a more powerful capacitor-driven hybrid system.

The Subaru BRZ races with a rally-style boxer engine, and are the reigning winners of the Suzuka 1000k.

• FIA GT3 cars are the ones that many people are familiar with, and are sanctioned for over 50 GT racing championships all over the world, including the Blancpain GT Series, the GTD class in the IMSA sportscar championship, and the premier class of the VLN and Nurburgring 24 hours. A Notable entrant here is the ever-popular Goodsmile Racing Hatsune Miku Mercedes AMG, a car that will also be competing at the 2017 Spa 24 hours, with Kamui Kobayashi behind the wheel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 RACES WITH ENGLISH COMMENTARY
[BOUGHT TO US FROM OUR FRIENDS OVER AT NISMO TV THANKS GUYS YOU ROCK!]

PICS OF PRESENT SUPER GT CARS
[RESERVED: FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR FAVES AND I WILL UPDATE THIS]

Honda Civic 10th gen SUPER GT aPLM5I

Honda Civic 10th gen SUPER GT KxkG408

Honda Civic 10th gen SUPER GT Yuhi_Sekiguchi_2014_Super_GT_Suzuka_Race

Honda Civic 10th gen SUPER GT A10J6621

VIDEOS OF 2017 CARS
[RESERVED: Will UPDATE AS I GET TIME]

VIDEOS OF PAST SEASON'S CARS
[RESERVED: WILL UPDATE THIS AS I GO FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR FAVES AND I WILL ADD THEM]

PICS OF PAST SEASON'S CARS
[RESERVED: POST YOUR FAVORITE'S!!]