Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Like that completely fills it?! The type-r must be getting what the euro hatches have. Maybe I can just order the type-r styrofoam well insert and the patch kit and do away with this really crappy and flimsy setup.
Skip to 2:55 and you can see.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
^^^^ This is hilarious. Normally, when people buy Type-R parts, they buy headlights, or bumpers, or sway bars, or brakes, or exhaust, or whole engines, or maybe just the badge for the trunk...

But now we're wanting the Type-R Styrofoam Insert. ;)

(a really good idea, though, and something I'd consider getting for myself)

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
Why? Doesn't that take up space? If you want to dampen the sound from trunk area some dynamat extreme door kit and/or dynaliner will do a better job.

Aside the seriously stupid mods some people and have to point out because their self esteem is so low I can see some people taking pictures or showing their friends "check this out bro, type r foam yo". Smh.

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Why? Doesn't that take up space? If you want to dampen the sound from trunk area some dynamat extreme door kit and/or dynaliner will do a better job.

Aside the seriously stupid mods some people and have to point out because their self esteem is so low I can see some people taking pictures or showing their friends "check this out bro, type r foam yo". Smh.
I've seen worse lol

justinjspog

Civic Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase

No, it replaces the spare tire. Basically you'd also want to buy the compressor. It just reinforces the floor board. Not for sound or anything.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Replaces the spare tire and half-inch-thick fiberboard panel with a lower, sturdier rear floor panel and tools.

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
Better ways to do that. And for the ~$100 spent on a 2 door kit and a dynaliner kit you could the spare well and the doors and windows win win. Unless Honda used that stupid grease for the plastic liner in the doors again. That's why I never sound dampened my doors because the mess yo.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Better ways to do that. And for the ~$100 spent on a 2 door kit and a dynaliner kit you could the spare well and the doors and windows win win. Unless Honda used that stupid grease for the plastic liner in the doors again. That's why I never sound dampened my doors because the mess yo.
I really don't see where anyone said they wanted it for noise reduction...

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
I really don't see where anyone said they wanted it for noise reduction...
Well had to assume it was "mod" thing or sensibly dampening. Otherwise just adding negative weight to a FWD car. Dampening the bare back does make a world of difference if you're so inclined. Otherwise it's just a wannabe I have type r bullshit added mod.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Otherwise it's just a wannabe I have type r bullshit added mod.
Or "I don't feel that a donut spare is necessary when I can fix-a-flat a tire [true], plus the regular Sport/Sport Touring "floor" is flimsy and cheap [more true], so it'd be cool to gain some storage space and a sturdy floorboard. [most true]"

For all I know, we could get the same thing from UK/Europe-market non-Type-R hatchbacks, but it'd be just as easy to buy the insert and floor panel direct here in the States.
Sponsored