Si seat install in EX-T?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Has anyone looked into this? All the parts for the seat assembly are available through the parts store, but I'm wondering about those side curtain airbags. The parts store doesn't make any mention of the airbags themselves - would this be prohibitive to a swap?
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't see why it wouldn't work. Would be cool to see. I'm definitely liking the Si seats better than my EXT now haha

nickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch, 1995 Civic Hatch, 1990 Legacy GT
Bump! any updates? Ive been thinking about doing this aswell.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Sorry for the delay!

Apparently Honda sells the seat only by the onslaught of parts. It would be approximately $900 in parts alone, then a lot of labor. Also, we weren't entirely sure if the airbag would plug in and not cause problems.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Sorry for the delay!

Apparently Honda sells the seat only by the onslaught of parts. It would be approximately $900 in parts alone, then a lot of labor. Also, we weren't entirely sure if the airbag would plug in and not cause problems.
Give it a few months and keep an eye on LKQ Online and ebay, you'll probably be able to pickup a seat from an SI out of a wreck for $200. Much lower cost to start tinkering.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, and alot of Si guys want Type R seats or Recaro / Bride. Or new wheels because they want to roll BBS

Give it a few months and keep an eye on LKQ Online and ebay, you'll probably be able to pickup a seat from an SI out of a wreck for $200. Much lower cost to start tinkering.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I'm 230lbs/6ft and they seemed pretty comfy to me. Long term they'd probably soften up a bit, too.
Sponsored