repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I'm happy to report that my new Si likes my LG G6 phone. Everytime I plug it in, AA starts up and the display head connects to my phone. There is no problem with the right turn signal interrupting the connection. The same with the back up camera. My AA display comes right back.

But...
For some reason the connection "times out" and I get the dreaded "No Device Connected" message. The phone continues to show the red AA warning page (Don't operate the phone while driving). I have found that unplugging the phone and plugging it back in makes no difference. Also restarting the phone makes no difference. After the restart, the phone sees the car and relaunches AA, but the "No Device Connected" message remains. Interestingly resetting the head unit does fix the connection. Until it times out again. Of course turning the car off and then on again seems to reset the connection. Until it times out again.

Any Idea on how I can hold my Honda's attention.
Sponsored

PhotoVoltaire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm happy to report that my new Si likes my LG G6 phone. Everytime I plug it in, AA starts up and the display head connects to my phone. There is no problem with the right turn signal interrupting the connection. The same with the back up camera. My AA display comes right back.

But...
For some reason the connection "times out" and I get the dreaded "No Device Connected" message. The phone continues to show the red AA warning page (Don't operate the phone while driving). I have found that unplugging the phone and plugging it back in makes no difference. Also restarting the phone makes no difference. After the restart, the phone sees the car and relaunches AA, but the "No Device Connected" message remains. Interestingly resetting the head unit does fix the connection. Until it times out again. Of course turning the car off and then on again seems to reset the connection. Until it times out again.

Any Idea on how I can hold my Honda's attention.
Weird, I use AA daily, and also with the LG G6 (excellent phone, btw), but I have not run into this issue. Just curious, do you happen to use a 3rd party USB cable? Sometimes a bad cable can cause issues. (I'm personally using an Anker 3ft USB-C cable, which seems pretty solid, so far.)

OP
OP
repeet

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I'm using what I thought was a nice braided cable from amazon. I'll be trying a couple of cables, but I can't think of a reason why that would cause a "time out".

Deleted member 12355

I have the G6 as well and ran into the same issue. Used a 3rd party cable from Amazon and would randomly get "device disconnected" constantly. The only thing that worked for me was using the cable that came with the phone.

rjcc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
I'm getting this "device not connected" problem all of a sudden, whenever I try to start navigation in google maps. Anyone else having problems?
Sponsored