Shift Wrap & Back Sound Rattle?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey,

Finally got my Si. Coming from a 6spd Hatchback, reading comments of how its not that much different...man those guys were wrong, feels like a completely different car.

But anyway

Is the shift leather wrap that connects to the shift knob supposed to be loose? Mine is not secured and you can just twist it around and stuff :s?

Also, anyone else get rattling/buzzing from the speakers/subs at the back?

Thanks!

Btw, how do the stock all seasons hold up with ktuner basemaps? Thinking of upgrading to Pilot Sport 4s but hoping I can wait it out until next summer...unless its really bad since winter will be coming in like 3 months lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
My shift boot moves freely to the left and right, but is secure in the up and down direction. Of course I've taken the console apart 4 times, so it's possible that I put it back wrong. Doubt it though.

I don't have any sub rattle, so can't help you there. I do have a ton of other rattles though, so this seems common in general.

The stock A/S tires are holding up well. I'm on the Two Step Performance Stage 1 tune, which is a 25 psi map. Occasionally, I'll chirp in second and once, I actually chirped in third, but only when suddenly stepping down too hard.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the 19.5/23 base tune and the factory all seasons bark A LOT. For instance, a third gear pull at 55mph will yield wheel spin all the way to 75mph and beyond, even after shifting to 4th gear. It is quite the torque increase over the stock tune.

OP
OP

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the 19.5/23 base tune and the factory all seasons bark A LOT. For instance, a third gear pull at 55mph will yield wheel spin all the way to 75mph and beyond, even after shifting to 4th gear. It is quite the torque increase over the stock tune.
Yes on 21 I was getting the spins lol. Getting some Pilot Sport 4s installed tomorrow
Sponsored