StapledPaper

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe 10th Gen.
Country flag
I understand that if I want everything to look as clean as possible I need to remove the trim and boot. What I am wondering is if there is an adapter I can purchase that allows me to remove my shift knob without having to completely remove the trim and boot every time?
Sponsored

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
To just remove the Si Shift knob, you don't need to remove the trim / boot. The reason most people do that is so they can replace the boot, or add a new boot retainer so that the knob stays flush with the shoot boot. Here's a page from the Acuity Shifter Base Bushings Install

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Installation Questions Si Remove Knob

st1llundftd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R; 2017 Honda Civic Sedan SI
Country flag
I installed a shift knob to my SI and i didn't have to remove the trim and boot. There are 2 clips underneath the shift knob. Squeeze and pull down. Once the shift boot is down, you'll see the nut that's holding the shift boot up. Use a wrench and unscrew the shift knob while holding the wrench and you're done!

Honda Civic 10th gen Shift Knob Installation Questions IMG_3182.JPG

OP
OP
StapledPaper

StapledPaper

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe 10th Gen.
Country flag
I installed a shift knob to my SI and i didn't have to remove the trim and boot. There are 2 clips underneath the shift knob. Squeeze and pull down. Once the shift boot is down, you'll see the nut that's holding the shift boot up. Use a wrench and unscrew the shift knob while holding the wrench and you're done!

IMG_3182.JPG
Thanks for the pics and explanation, appreciate your reply :)