Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
My android auto doesn't work
Like it's never worked, or just since the update to the system. What kind of phone do you have, do you have the latest version of the app, and have you rebooted the car system?
Sponsored

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Like it's never worked, or just since the update to the system. What kind of phone do you have, do you have the latest version of the app, and have you rebooted the car system?
It worked before then after my phone updated to marshmallow it doesn't. I have a note 5. Ive googled and it seems others have the problem too. I've restarted the head unit, factory reset my phone, uninstalled the app etc :(

burns_erin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/Sensing
Country flag
It worked before then after my phone updated to marshmallow it doesn't. I have a note 5. Ive googled and it seems others have the problem too. I've restarted the head unit, factory reset my phone, uninstalled the app etc :(
Have you tried switching the setting on USB debugging? I seem to recall that worked for some people, but they had to do it manually each time.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you tried switching the setting on USB debugging? I seem to recall that worked for some people, but they had to do it manually each time.
Yea I tried it but it didn't work. I found a thread that mentions I should turn off app optimization for android auto so I will try that next

SCUMBAG ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP TOURING
Country flag
purchased the car in jun. assembled in may. my build number is 1.F86.69 my guess is that the car came already updated?! :dunno:

Honda Civic 10th gen Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update IMG_1368.JPG

beanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Country flag
With marshmallow, it changes the usb connection to charge only. Change that to allow media files to be passed.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With marshmallow, it changes the usb connection to charge only. Change that to allow media files to be passed.
Ive tried that and it switches back to charging in the middle of using android auto for some reason

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Ive tried that and it switches back to charging in the middle of using android auto for some reason
Try a different cable. there are *lots* of USB cables in the wild that are very poorly made.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
It could also be that there is a ton of lint in your USB port, and it's hindering good contact.

Carefully dig around with a paper clip; if your phone is more than 6 months old chances are good that you'll fine a big hairball in there. Same thing with Audio jack.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try a different cable. there are *lots* of USB cables in the wild that are very poorly made.
So I finally remembered to try another USB. I plugged in and it started working (what it always does) then after about a minute or so it lost connection (what it's been doing) so I didn't give up. I kept the same cord plugged in again and changed the usb setting to transfer media files and it worked without cutting off. Crossing my fingers that this is all I have to do for now. Keep in mind, I was doing this with the other cord but it still would disconnect.

nicoled985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: so far so good with a different cord and Android Auto and the Note 5 on Marshmallow. Just have to change it to media transfer

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Bought my 2016 Civic EX-T this weekend. It was built in September. This is the build number on the unit I have. Maybe worth checking to see if dealerships have this update.

Honda Civic 10th gen Service bulletin 16-022 Audio unit device update IMG_6527.JPG

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Bought my 2016 Civic EX-T this weekend. It was built in September. This is the build number on the unit I have. Maybe worth checking to see if dealerships have this update.

IMG_6527.JPG
Maybe they're trying to see if it's stable to release to the general customer, that is a higher version number than what most of us have. Remember Honda has to reimburse the dealers for this work so they would like to do it as least as possible thank you very much for posting this that just goes to show you there are better versions out.

Any issues you have with that version.
Sponsored