Scratch in chromed plastic grill

JPowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 4 Door
I just hand washed my car for the first time and noticed a scratch in the chromed plastic grill. The car has less than 1000 miles on it and I know this wasn't from me. I'm guessing the lot attendant at the dealership was careless when prepping the car. I also noticed some sticker residue near the gas cap that I had to remove.

Anyway, after looking at Meguiar's forum online, it seems that there's not much that can be done with chromed plastic. Some suggested Meguiar's PlastX, and on another forum, another plastic polish called Novus was suggested. I happen to have both products in my house, but I'm afraid to make things worse. I'm not sure which one is less aggressive. Has anyone else had success removing minor scratches in the chrome?

I also have a paint defect on my trunk that needs to be resprayed under warranty. I'm tempted to mention the scratched chrome at the same time.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JPowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 4 Door
can you add photo we can look at maybe possible easy way to fix it ?
I just went to the dealership today and their detailer got it out. I didn't get a chance to talk to him to find out what he used, but I'll be sure to ask next time I'm there. You can't even tell there was a scratch. It looks perfect.
Sponsored