Rumors of 2nd wave, allocations, and inventory replenishment

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
What have you guys been hearing about the next units?

I've heard 2-3 weeks, August/September, October/November, and winter/spring 2018... So far I can't believe anybody of course, but I would say that if Honda really does plan to sell 6000 cars between last week and March, they would want to send them to dealers about every 6 weeks...unless they want part of that 6000 inventory to carry on into spring/summer 2018.

In any case, being that I got shafted out of my #1 spot everywhere and am now #2 or #3, it seems this is the most important information for me at the moment...
I been told end of July/August and we expect cars shows on the system in 2-4 weeks. I cannot fucking wait my wife already hates the type r and i hope next is cw which what they told me .. I have a feeling by july 15th things will start showing up
Sponsored

optogirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R
Any one get more news on the 2nd wave? My dealership had no updates today... They usually get info on Mondays.

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
I think you guys are being a little optimistic. The Midwest hasn't even got the first round I'd say it's probably gonna be like September October before the second round comes to the states. They still have Japan Europe and Canada to supply. And I can tell you cause I work at a dealer we don't even have a showing for the one after the one I am purchasing.

optogirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R
I think you guys are being a little optimistic. The Midwest hasn't even got the first round I'd say it's probably gonna be like September October before he second round comes to the states. They still have Japan Europe and Canada to supply. And I can tell you cause I work at a dealer we don't even have a showing for the one after the one I am purchasing.
:cry:

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
I think you guys are being a little optimistic. The Midwest hasn't even got the first round I'd say it's probably gonna be like September October before the second round comes to the states. They still have Japan Europe and Canada to supply. And I can tell you cause I work at a dealer we don't even have a showing for the one after the one I am purchasing.
well we have to be optimistic cos it is the best we can do . I still believe July/August is reasonable for the East Coast . I would agree for West it would be more like September seeing how slow is the delivery process right now

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
All I'm saying is look at it realistically one plant manufactures these cars for the entire global market and we were fortunate enough to get them first but they have a lot still to allocate to places in the United States let alone the rest of the world

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
well we have to be optimistic cos it is the best we can do . I still believe July/August is reasonable for the East Coast . I would agree for West it would be more like September seeing how slow is the delivery process right now
I could see it being August/September, just after the dust has settled with the first round of US shipments and some other countries perhaps getting theirs as well. Seems like a reasonable timeline.

At this point all we have is guesses. At least we should know they are actually coming (in the amount of 6000 total by Spring next year)!

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
All I'm saying is look at it realistically one plant manufactures these cars for the entire global market and we were fortunate enough to get them first but they have a lot still to allocate to places in the United States let alone the rest of the world
I agree with you i am in denial phase still

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I'm in denial phase that my car is going to show up by July 4th.
I'm with you mine was supposed to show up yesterday and it wasn't here today either. When mine does show up it will sit at the dealer for a week. I am going on a business trip and then on most of a week of vacation. Fortunately my car is paid for and registered. At least my deal is done, one of the few at MSRP.

Wish I had a picture with my badge number.

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
Yeah luckily I work where I am purchasing the car so mine is an msrp deal as well. Just waiting for it to show up so I can take her home.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
This is true but the us started full speed production back in March I think, right after they unveiled the production version at Geneva. Based on that, they barely got 1000 cars done for us I guess.

UhhNortonYo

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Agreed 100%, Pacific North West dealerships haven't received any yet and are all saying we won't till July

Bramrock

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic LX NBP, (Preordered) 2017 Civic Type R CW
You guys in the USA should be happy even if it's not in your state yet. At least it can be sold upon arrival there. Honda has us by the balls in Canada because our units started showing up in Halifax before any made it to the states, and there's confirmed over 300 in Canada as of now. Difference is here they're not released literally because they don't feel like it

UhhNortonYo

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
You guys in the USA should be happy even if it's not in your state yet. At least it can be sold upon arrival there. Honda has us by the balls in Canada because our units started showing up in Halifax before any made it to the states, and there's confirmed over 300 in Canada as of now. Difference is here they're not release literally because they don't feel like it
Ehhh I agree and disagree,

It's just as bad when the car has been released and east coast has them and you are just waiting for arrival. Especially when you were told the vehicle was going to be there 2 weeks ago
Sponsored