Speed_Senpaii

First Name
Harry G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic EXL hatchback 2018
Country flag
Hey guys so I got this used PRL downpipe around 9k used , not bad for downpipe but little rust and dirt , I am planning to clean it and put more weld on these area then maybe ceramic coated plus blanket once all done , is it ok to weld more in these area or let it be ? I got the front pipe new one and new turbo but this PRL has been used I thought maybe make it fresh and cleaner more also put ceramic coated to help the life span , thanks in advance

Honda Civic 10th gen Reweld the downpipe after clean the rust 20240522_001754

Honda Civic 10th gen Reweld the downpipe after clean the rust 20240522_001751

Honda Civic 10th gen Reweld the downpipe after clean the rust 20240522_001747

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (CVT)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just leave it be ?
Tough question my welds just gave out on my PRL catted downpipe after buying it second hand ✋. If I could redo it all I would've done a touch up on the welds just to be safe and for the long run.

Honda Civic 10th gen Reweld the downpipe after clean the rust VideoCapture_20240522-211939

OP
OP
Speed_Senpaii

Speed_Senpaii

First Name
Harry G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tough question my welds just gave out on my PRL catted downpipe after buying it second hand ✋. If I could redo it all I would've done a touch up on the welds just to be safe and for the long run.
That what I was thinking because I see some downpipe split in two after long run, this has been used for 9k I just think maybe reweld to make it stronger

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That what I was thinking because I see some downpipe split in two after long run, this has been used for 9k I just think maybe reweld to make it stronger
I would honestly do! My coworker offered to reweld mine but I'm just hesitant to remove it just because it's I don't know how much is together

OP
OP
Speed_Senpaii

Speed_Senpaii

First Name
Harry G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would honestly do! My coworker offered to reweld mine but I'm just hesitant to remove it just because it's I don't know how much is together
I am also think to reweld maybe next week after that probably wrap with heat blanket since I can't use the heat shield anymore, the downpipe too fat for that

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am also think to reweld maybe next week after that probably wrap with heat blanket since I can't use the heat shield anymore, the downpipe too fat for that
That's perfect! And if I recall you could I have the top heatshield and main one on. Doesn't hurt to try😌

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag

VideoCapture_20240522-211939.jpg
Good oppurtunity to take apart & go full catless, if so inclined. Then weld her back up & good as new

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good oppurtunity to take apart & go full catless, if so inclined. Then weld her back up & good as new
I honestly thought about the same thing💀

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I honestly thought about the same thing💀
I have a RV6 catted DP & I had thought about going catless. Two things held me back: catless pipes are hard to find; & my current pipe is caramic coated for heat protection. The nice thing about RV6 DPs is they're a two-part design. So I removed the lower section & gutted the cat. It woke up the car even more.

I'd say, if you're considering it then go for it. Worst case you find another catted DP if you decide it's not for you. Someone would buy your modified "catless" from you.

Just my 2ct

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag

VideoCapture_20240522-211939.jpg
In this pic, I can tell the weld held up fine. The metal around it gave. Even if you add more beads on top of what’s already there, the metal near the welds is what will fatigue eventually.

Bootleg Bill

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So would you consider reinforcing it or will it be a lost cause?

OP
OP
Speed_Senpaii

Speed_Senpaii

First Name
Harry G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not unless live in free smog check or emissions test area
Sponsored