Remote start/Push Button start issues

Albin Biju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Sedan
Country flag
Ok so the battery on my car got drained out after one of my family members took it out for a spin but left it on accessory mode instead of turning it completely off (they're not used push start I guess lol) but then I charged up the battery to the point where it'll start but whenever i try to start the car after that I can feel the car struggling to start cuz usually the car starts instantly. But I first thought it will be fine after a few weeks of driving so the battery will be charged up completely. Now it's almost a month and it's still the same but I was curious and tried to use the remote start and that doesn't work at all. The car just cranks up and turns back off and doesn't actually start with the remote. Tbh I'm a little worried now because I don't want it to become any worse, so someone plz help!
Sponsored

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
If the battery was deeply discharged, it could have been damaged and no longer holds charge at the proper voltage. Try swapping it with a known fresh battery and see if it starts up normally again, or take the battery to parts store and have them check the battery's conditon.

OP
OP
Albin Biju

Albin Biju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If the battery was deeply discharged, it could have been damaged and no longer holds charge at the proper voltage. Try swapping it with a known fresh battery and see if it starts up normally again, or take the battery to parts store and have them check the battery's conditon.
Yeah I think it was deeply discharged because the next day the car didn't start at all and do you it's something I have to do immediately or is it ok if I wait a month or two??

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
The car is new, take a drive to the dealer and have them check the battery condition, if its bad, they should replace it under warranty.

OP
OP
Albin Biju

Albin Biju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The car is new, take a drive to the dealer and have them check the battery condition, if its bad, they should replace it under warranty.
Oh ok So I don't have to pay anything either. Thanks bro

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
so just say it's partially discharged? Lol
No no, just go in and say my car won't start wtf.

Don't tell them it was fully discharged due to your negligence. Or if you have a conscience and don't want to lie, take your car to Autozone or whatever where they'll check the health of your battery, and if it shows up as poor, buy a new one and get your family member to pay for it.

OP
OP
Albin Biju

Albin Biju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No no, just go in and say my car won't start wtf.

Don't tell them it was fully discharged due to your negligence. Or if you have a conscience and don't want to lie, take your car to Autozone or whatever where they'll check the health of your battery, and if it shows up as poor, buy a new one and get your family member to pay for it.
Oh no lmao my car starts and runs but when I try to start it the engine is struggling but it starts after that. its just acting weird while starting. It's the remote start that doesn't turn on the cars or else it's fine lol

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Oh no lmao my car starts and runs but when I try to start it the engine is struggling but it starts after that. its just acting weird while starting. It's the remote start that doesn't turn on the cars or else it's fine lol
No, we understand that - but the reason it's struggling to start is because either the CCA of the battery is low, or because the starter motor is damaged.

Since you told us somebody drained the battery, everyone is suggesting it's the former. So if it's a battery gone bad, you want to replace it. If you leave it, the car won't start as temperatures drop, and then you grind on the starter, causing more damage.

Also, "it struggles while starting, and won't start at all with remote-start, but other then that, it's fine lol lmao" -- is not a very intelligent sounding thing to say lol.

"My back hurts like shit when I get up in the morning, my farts smell like death, and I can't see out of my right eye, but other than that I'm perfectly healthy ayy lmao"

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
If the remote start doesn't work then that's even more reason to go to the dealer and just tell them the remote start wont start the car.

OP
OP
Albin Biju

Albin Biju

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, we understand that - but the reason it's struggling to start is because either the CCA of the battery is low, or because the starter motor is damaged.

Since you told us somebody drained the battery, everyone is suggesting it's the former. So if it's a battery gone bad, you want to replace it. If you leave it, the car won't start as temperatures drop, and then you grind on the starter, causing more damage.

Also, "it struggles while starting, and won't start at all with remote-start, but other then that, it's fine lol lmao" -- is not a very intelligent sounding thing to say lol.

"My back hurts like shit when I get up in the morning, my farts smell like death, and I can't see out of my right eye, but other than that I'm perfectly healthy ayy lmao"
Oh I'm sorry lol I really didn't know what to say

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing

Wow, that made me laugh out loud!