zulraptor

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe
Country flag
So for 3 days I have been researching this forum to see if someone had this same issue and I could not find a thread about it. I am new here, just registered to ask if anybody else has experienced my problem.

This issue seems to be intermittent, I would remote start from almost any distance from the car and it does work flawlessly. The car starts and stays on. When I get in the car, press on the brake and immediately press the start button, the car shuts off. Sometimes it will start and sometimes it will shut off. I have replaced the batteries for the key but the problem is still going.

Any help on this is truly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best,
Allen A.
Sponsored

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
So for 3 days I have been researching this forum to see if someone had this same issue and I could not find a thread about it. I am new here, just registered to ask if anybody else has experienced my problem.

This issue seems to be intermittent, I would remote start from almost any distance from the car and it does work flawlessly. The car starts and stays on. When I get in the car, press on the brake and immediately press the start button, the car shuts off. Sometimes it will start and sometimes it will shut off. I have replaced the batteries for the key but the problem is still going.

Any help on this is truly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Best,
Allen A.
My wife's CRV does the same thing. About half the time it does what it's supposed to. Might be worth mentioning that even when it's working properly (I think), the A/C shuts down when you brake/push start... so it sounds like the engine has shut down, but it hasn't. A/C comes back on in about two seconds.

OP
OP
zulraptor

zulraptor

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mentioned that to the Honda dealer today and I got an appointment for this Friday to see what the problem is. Since the car is still under warranty, whatever is wrong might be covered.

CoolKen7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I mentioned that to the Honda dealer today and I got an appointment for this Friday to see what the problem is. Since the car is still under warranty, whatever is wrong might be covered.
Did you ever fix the issue? The same thing is happening to me where sometimes I have to shut the car off completely before turning it back on when I want to use remote starter?

OP
OP
zulraptor

zulraptor

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you ever fix the issue? The same thing is happening to me where sometimes I have to shut the car off completely before turning it back on when I want to use remote starter?
Hi, how are you? I read that you are were having a similar issue to what I am having now with my 2018 civic. Did you end up fixing the problem? If yes, What was causing it? Thanks!
Yes, it was craaaaazy. I had got the car used through a reputable dealer with 24K miles with all previous services done by Honda. The car had a GPS tracker along with a device that could shutdown the car remotely. This device was messing up with the remote start. When I took it to my local Honda dealer they told me by law they can’t remove the tracking device. I had someone else remove it and when I start the car, the main computer fried, along with the system where CarPlay happens and a lot of other things. Took the car back to Honda, and after about two weeks I got the car back fully working, didn’t have to pay a single cent, and until today the car hasn’t bothered me with anything else. Honda went above and beyond with this repair. They said they had to replace several electronics and cabling system.

Edit: Forgot to add, I also got a brand new set of key fogs.

CoolKen7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Yes, it was craaaaazy. I had got the car used through a reputable dealer with 24K miles with all previous services done by Honda. The car had a GPS tracker along with a device that could shutdown the car remotely. This device was messing up with the remote start. When I took it to my local Honda dealer they told me by law they can’t remove the tracking device. I had someone else remove it and when I start the car, the main computer fried, along with the system where CarPlay happens and a lot of other things. Took the car back to Honda, and after about two weeks I got the car back fully working, didn’t have to pay a single cent, and until today the car hasn’t bothered me with anything else. Honda went above and beyond with this repair. They said they had to replace several electronics and cabling system.

Edit: Forgot to add, I also got a brand new set of key fogs.
I have a Tile tracker with my key fob and the dealership told me I should remove it because it may be where the problem is coming from. They also ordered me a new Key so lets see if that fixes the issues I have...

OP
OP
zulraptor

zulraptor

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a Tile tracker with my key fob and the dealership told me I should remove it because it may be where the problem is coming from. They also ordered me a new Key so lets see if that fixes the issues I have...
Wow I didn’t know a tile would still interfere with the system that’s insane. Good luck to you, I hope it’s just that.
Sponsored