Rear roof window spoiler

crsswift70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
No, no.. this is meant to fit on the glass, right at the edge of the roof and glass. The Gorilla two-part dries to look like a clear hard plastic. I had some creep out on the edge, i just cut it with a knife and it breaks off and leaves the glass clean.
Sponsored

Rvenger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX CBP
Last edited:

axios77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you look at the spy shots of the type r, there is a roof spoiler on it. I'll wait for the production model to come out and order that part for my touring instead of buying aftermarket.

danglez44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Word of warning on the Spoiler King spoiler. There is no curvature to it, it is a straight piece of rubber. It is supplied with two, pre-applied 3M type adhesive strips. It centered easily enough, and as i worked my way around to the sides, i could force a curve in to it (i did warm it up in the sun a little) so that it followed the contour of the window. It appeared everything was great. I left it taped as instructed for about two days. Well, a day later (third day) i walk out and the adhesive strip on the ends is visible because the spoiler is trying to re-straighten itself. Over the course of the day, while sitting in a cool garage, it managed to pull itself away from the top edge and expose the adhesive strip and leave a gap of about 1/4 inch at the ends. I contacted them Friday via email, notifying them of this, but got no response. The instructions do say that an epoxy might be needed for certain applications, but a simple curve in the design would eliminate the need for this. I purchased some Gorilla two part epoxy and applied it, left it taped overnight, and now it is back in place. I can see the epoxy on the edges, but at least it is in it's proper place. Just know if you install it, you might as well prepare yourself to epoxy the ends down. I don't see how that tape would ever be able to keep that curve in it, especially once the weather gets hot and the adhesive and window warm up.
I have had the same issue. I even had to reline it with 3m and I even glued and taped it down. Removed the next morning. Started driving and the corners still won't stay. For a "prefit" 96$ Part it is a total POS a waste of time and more importantly money.

lverasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Red
I have had the same issue. I even had to reline it with 3m and I even glued and taped it down. Removed the next morning. Started driving and the corners still won't stay. For a "prefit" 96$ Part it is a total POS a waste of time and more importantly money.
My roof spoiler only $25 painted and shipped , and it works like charm, had it on for a week now, been going on highway mostly. Sticky on tough and beautifully

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear roof window spoiler IMG_5321.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Rear roof window spoiler IMG_6244.JPG

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
I wish someone would make a roof spoiler with LED brake lights built in.. (especially for the coupe)
if anyone sees one out there please post it here.

onyxaltezza

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Tourng
I wish someone would make a roof spoiler with LED brake lights built in.. (especially for the coupe)
does ikon make one for the CivicX Coupe? I followed your link but didn't see one for the coupe :(
Thanks
We will start development on our coupe one soon. We haven't done so up until now simply bc the demand isn't really there. But I do see your posts.
Feel free to PM me or post some input on how you'd like it to look.
The integrated 3rd brake light is a concept we've played around with, but the biggest issue is running power to it. Running power wires from the cabin to the roofline seems to be something most people wouldn't want to go through the trouble of doing.

mokylim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX-P
Country flag
Yeah.. ive been looking around and there's barely any for the coupe.
Sponsored