2018 Honda Civic Si 2-Door Coupe
Country flag
So these are my mods so far
D2 Lowering Springs
MAPerformance Street Exhaust
K&N CAI
TSP stage 1 tune
And some other exterior mods

So o have a feeling the exhaust might be getting a little loose but I’m not too familiar with mechanics. The car is definitely low and the exhaust hangs low itself, I have passed over speed bumps a lot and sometimes there’s a few that will scrape the exhaust as I pass over it. Just a little background info in case it helps. But basically this “rattling” noise comes every now and then, usually it will start after I’ve driven the car for a long period of time on the highway or after I’m done driving on a bumpy road. As I accelerate, the car will make a rattling noise. Another thing I notice is that when this happens, the exhaust seems to “burble” less. One day I was arriving home and it was making this noise so I turned off the car and turned it back on, the start up seemed weak but the rattling was gone. Any advice will help, thanks!
Honda Civic 10th gen Rattling sound coming from exhaust? Underneath car DB4F08F4-610B-4088-8D90-2A58B7E87177
Honda Civic 10th gen Rattling sound coming from exhaust? Underneath car B85416EB-2E47-40A7-B074-727259BA2E48

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
You might want to lift up the rear end and check all the connection points on the exahaust pieces to see if any of them have started to loosen - a loose connection might rattle sometimes and cause an exhaust leak which might explain less burbling.

Also if you've re-used the factory exhaust hangers you might inspect them and how much play your exhaust has since they are pretty soft. I ended up upgrading almost all of my hangers to some really hard polyurethane ones when I upgraded my exhaust and it is held in place extremely well to avoid moving around and causing potential rattles or tapping against heatshields or the rear subframe.