Poll: Will Si and Type R remain manual only?

Will Si or Type R get an 'auto' transmission?

• Total voters

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
Yeah, I'm reviving this. Am I the only one who thinks this?

I'm not sure if Honda is really thinking about more sales for the Si, per se. I get the feeling they are keeping the Si rare and for-enthusiasts for a reason, namely value. Si remains a sought after car because there aren't many available. Used Si prices are higher than when I bought new. They are not going to overflow the market just to make more sales. That's the job of the Touring and regular Civics. They MAY go DCT in the future, but I don't see it for the 10th gen Si. Hey, they might surprise me, though.... I agree with someone who mentioned Honda taking away NA and then a manual. Would feel sad if they did that too soon.

Perhaps, the meaning of "enthusiasts" is changing with the times, but from a girl's POV, I would like the Si/CTR to remain manual only. There is already enough stigma attached about women and cars :( When other enthusiasts saw me in the Si, they knew I wasn't driving a sporty car just for the looks. I actually understood the meaning of driving an Si, taking advantage of what it offered. :D
Sponsored

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I'm hoping the Si will get a DCT to compete with the Gti. It would be a welcome alternative to the GTi if it meant providing a similar driving experience but with some actual reliability and with a warranty thats actually worth something.

I'm not quite understanding the perspective of the Si meant to be some hardcore driver's car. I owned a 08 Si Sedan. It was sporty and fun to drive for sure, but it was not really much more than that. Suspension was still on the softer side and you couldn't adjust the camber that much without resorting to aftermarket solutions. It was definitely an easy car to live with day to day nonetheless, something I'd much rather commute with than most other cars I've owned. It'd be awesome to have a DCT Si with Honda Sensing to deal with traffic. I can live with less power as long as there's a good middle ground with fuel economy.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Not to sound like a broken record, but there's no evidence to support the idea that the Si or Type-R will be anything but manual.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm hoping the Si will get a DCT to compete with the Gti. It would be a welcome alternative to the GTi if it meant providing a similar driving experience but with some actual reliability and with a warranty thats actually worth something.

I'm not quite understanding the perspective of the Si meant to be some hardcore driver's car. I owned a 08 Si Sedan. It was sporty and fun to drive for sure, but it was not really much more than that. Suspension was still on the softer side and you couldn't adjust the camber that much without resorting to aftermarket solutions. It was definitely an easy car to live with day to day nonetheless, something I'd much rather commute with than most other cars I've owned. It'd be awesome to have a DCT Si with Honda Sensing to deal with traffic. I can live with less power as long as there's a good middle ground with fuel economy.
My marketing brain says it would infringe on the ILX, which competes indirectly with the GTI.

Last edited: