First Name
Vassilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport plus 2019
Country flag
Hi guys,
Last week I tuned my non Si euro sport hatch using Br-Performance tune house which has its center in Belgium. I am in Greece.
https://www.br-performance.be/en-be...239-civic/7313-10th-2017-2020/8918-1-5t-vtec/
They have an associate with dyno 15 minutes away and the price was low including dyno test before and after.

So the graphs I got are smooth and the gain results about at their promise. 35 hp and 5 kg of torque. (You guys here in US have lb but in Europe we have Nm). I am happy with the car and how it performs now. Difference is huge. My stock tires have 4.200 kilometers and my third gear may spin in some occasions.

While everything seems to be good, I feel blind about my tune. I mean, I don't know how much PSI it is. I don't know any characteristics my tune may has. The "ECON" seems to have a different map. But what it is? Is it my stock map applied? Surely I can tell this isn't the default ECON. I also don't own my base map from factory. Br-Prformance have it on their servers and they advertise I may swap it back in the future. The pro who tuned it just receives online the tune and applies it to the car using a device called "Magic". I think this is made in Italy. He uses the same device for every brand of car he tunes. He doesn't know or share any more details or answers any questions I have. He just says that the tune is great.

Only info I have is my dyno power/torgue graph.
Br-Performance has a ten days money back policy if not satisfied. I know 80% of tuned Civics in US use K-tuner. Maybe I ask a for a refund?
What is your opinion about this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Br-Performance tune 20200610_104719
Sponsored

OP
OP
vasilas432

vasilas432

First Name
Vassilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think my thread needs to move to "technical"
Sorry, super new to the forum

OP
OP
vasilas432

vasilas432

First Name
Vassilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An update.
I returned to factory setting and had been refunded from BRP. I am now arranging a ktuner v1.2 with a custom tune and a Mishimoto intercooler.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did you not enjoy the tune? Or were you troubled about not being able to see what was going on yourself and be able to return to stock whenever?

OP
OP
vasilas432

vasilas432

First Name
Vassilios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tune was strong enough but had issues not shown in power graph.
For example: being behind another car uphill and at stable 2.000 rpm, suddenly I see I have space to overpass so flooring it I feel like isn't accelerating....!!! WTF? After 1-2 seconds was to late so I abandon my try. Then discovered there is a lag 1-2 seconds when steady 2.000 rpm until reaching 2.500 were it was becoming angry. Now while in stock since a few hours, this isn't happening and the car accelerates as normal.

Also no idea what map was applied on ECON. While on ECON at 2.000 rpm and a little touch on the pedal, I had my turbo indication half way through to 5-6 lines but very suddenly. Super sensitive. I thought that it may cause harm and I also thought that I could have this button useless anymore. What a pity! Using ktuner ECON can be the factory map and this is cool.
Sponsored